PDA

View Full Version : Oil Cap Leak

Fink_tha_Audi
02-07-2011, 01:03 PM
For some reason my oil cap lets oil out, I've bought a brand new oil cap but it leaks more then the original one. Is there a fix for this? Ill post pics to demostrate the issue.

BlkBullitt
02-07-2011, 01:16 PM
For some reason my oil cap lets oil out, I've bought a brand new oil cap but it leaks more then the original one. Is there a fix for this? Ill post pics to demostrate the issue.

Did you also replace the oil cap rubber gasket?

zdriver
02-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Not trying to scare you but could potentially be a pcv issue, im sure a quick search will give you some more possibilities. Depends how much oil/residue is being pushed out

VMRWheels
02-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Not trying to scare you but could potentially be a pcv issue, im sure a quick search will give you some more possibilities. Depends how much oil/residue is being pushed out

Would a new cap have increased the amount leaking? Then again, if it were the cap directly leaking, I would have imagined a new cap would have fixed the issue...

Pictures should definitely help!

Fink_tha_Audi
02-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Here are some pics:
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/Simple_AudiA4/Random/DSCN0870.jpg
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/Simple_AudiA4/Random/DSCN0869.jpg

Help me out. Also the new oil cap is somewhat loose, but the seal seems firm, whereas the old one is firm seal and cap (meaning like the actual grip).

walky_talky20
02-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Check PCV bleeder valve and related hoses for operation/tears. Check PRV (pancake valve) for flow, etc. It would seem you problem is PCV related. There is too much crankcase pressure which is pushing out the oil. Not sure if you are new enough to have a Suction Jet Pump, but if you do, you need to check the flow through that as well.

Fink_tha_Audi
02-10-2011, 08:49 AM
I do have an oil catch-can, installed. Might have to check my connections and see if the pancake valve is clogged. Ill keep u guys posted.

ECS Tuning-Audi
02-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Make sure you clean up any old oil around the cap and valve cover. Don't want to be fooled by old oil from when the old cap is on.