PDA

View Full Version : 06 Sline 4.2

STalon89
02-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Im looking to do some mods and not sure what is available for the 4.2 flashing the ecu will give me minimal HP and costs around 600 so probly not gonna go that route. Im thinking a miltek non resonated exhaust and wheel spacers for now. What size spacers should i run with this sport suspension? Also the car is going back into the shop, it shifts and downshifts into 3rd a little rough, any idea what that is going to turn out to be?

beemercer
02-07-2011, 08:27 AM
If you want more power with the 4.2, take the downpipes off, gut the pre-cats and then reinstall with the rear O2's spaced out with spark plug foulers.. then get a 2.5" X-pipe catback made and you'll be off to a good start.

MainlandMig
02-08-2011, 04:22 AM
If you want more power with the 4.2, take the downpipes off, gut the pre-cats and then reinstall with the rear O2's spaced out with spark plug foulers.. then get a 2.5" X-pipe catback made and you'll be off to a good start.

Is this a popular mod? How much set gain? What's the sound diff?

beemercer
02-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Is this a popular mod? How much set gain? What's the sound diff?

For the B6/B7 S4's 'piggie' downpipes (removing the pre-cat) and a 2.5" X-pipe catback is almost the defacto mod route to start making more power. The gains are strong even without a tune, 15-20whp and a lot of torque. The sound will be louder and deeper.

Emissions can be a concern, some have luck with the O2 sensor spacers.. some don't. A tune can work around the rear O2 codes more effectively, though I don't know if there are any tunes ready for the C6 A6 4.2.