PDA

View Full Version : F**K After Market Rims

colombian301
02-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Am tired of these cheap after market wheel that came with the car. And tired of pot holes and holes period.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/colombian301/01fd2ce5.jpg

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/colombian301/50fc69b5.jpg

Time for some quality wheels.
What wheel do you guys up state that have to deal with BS too recommend so this doesn't happen. I been looking at some VMR but still want opinions. Thanks

nwquickquattro
02-03-2011, 09:02 AM
jesus, what brand are those?

Mc Suly
02-03-2011, 09:11 AM
GO STEELIES!!! haha.

get some 3 piece, forged wheels. heard those are stronger than cast.

coolgraymemo
what does the other side look like?

colombian301
some brand called IKON. their website looks legit but i would never recommend theses wheels!

colombian301
02-03-2011, 09:14 AM
This is how they look best pic I could find at the moment.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/colombian301/bbae120d.jpg

Mi1lion
02-03-2011, 09:14 AM
OMG I WANT SOME RIMS LIKE THAT!!!!! I Think the manufacturer is FAIL. Rim is Called- GAMEOVER... Def. gotta pick up a set. (Sarcasm)

VMR's are Quality as well as anything else that's more than $200-250 a wheel depending on size. I have 19's and paid about $275 a wheel

belinko
02-03-2011, 09:46 AM
you get what you pay for. That's nothing new.

JEmm
02-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Get something forged. Forged wheels are stronger and lighter than their cast counterparts. Gonna run you a pretty penny but I doubt you'll see anything like that on a forged wheel.

JumboBlack1.8
02-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Cheap wheels and cheap tires are to be avoided at all costs

belinko
02-03-2011, 10:27 AM
^^^^ Seriously, who runs NANKANGS? What are they like $35 discount tire special tire/rim combo featuring self exploding rims. LOL

Skyler@Achtuning
02-03-2011, 10:34 AM
I've seen OEM Audi wheels split like that too after a really hard hit

Castor Troy
02-03-2011, 10:43 AM
i dont mean to be a dick, but judging by your choice of nankang tires, i'm gonna assume you got cheap shitty ass wheels too.

colombian301
02-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Some of y'all shit talkers need to stop and read slowly. I clearly said "Am tired of these cheap after market wheels that came WITH THE CAR" meaning I didn't purchase these personally I just got them with the car. I haven't bought wheels for my audi and that's why I want recommendation about what to buy now that I decided to buy some. Like am sharing and asking for recommendation not shit talkers.

viceprp
02-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Some of y'all shit talkers need to stop and read slowly. I clearly said "Am tired of these cheap after market wheels that came WITH THE CAR" meaning I didn't purchase these personally I just got them with the car. I haven't bought wheels for my audi and that's why I want recommendation about what to buy now that I decided to buy some. Like am sharing and asking for recommendation not shit talkers.

Silver car.. Are you looking for a winter or summer setup? What size wheel?

Gaberossi
02-03-2011, 11:52 AM
how big was the pothole dude....reminds me of that commercial with the talking pothole lol, did I do that!?

colombian301
02-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Silver car.. Are you looking for a winter or summer setup? What size wheel?

Well I go tru all seasons here in md..and 18"..u got something?

colombian301
02-03-2011, 12:10 PM
how big was the pothole dude....reminds me of that commercial with the talking pothole lol, did I do that!?

Man that shit was huge.. Il try to take a pic of it today and il post. And that commercial is funny ass hell

Gaberossi
02-03-2011, 12:16 PM
but im sorry to hear about the whole situation must have startled u a bit when it happened...u should get some b5 rs4 wheels

colombian301
02-03-2011, 12:25 PM
but im sorry to hear about the whole situation must have startled u a bit when it happened...u should get some b5 rs4 wheels

Thanks man...and not really am so used to this it's the 2nd time it happens with these wheels but since my dad is a welder he welded the first on up and left it like new so I was like I guess I can keep theses for awhile and now again so I was like now is time...am going to make make dad weld this one up and sell them I have this girl that's interested in them..stupid her lol but u read my mind I been on the classifieds looking for some oem rs4 and am also looking at the vmr rs4 style ones..will see

teleTay
02-03-2011, 12:27 PM
who makes the best replica wheels? i want to get some b5 rs4 wheels, but since rs4 was not imported, im pretty much stuck with getting some reps

colombian301
02-03-2011, 12:31 PM
who makes the best replica wheels? i want to get some b5 rs4 wheels, but since rs4 was not imported, im pretty much stuck with getting some reps

I would like to know too...I like vmr cause they have them in black...

JumboBlack1.8
02-03-2011, 12:39 PM
am going to make make dad weld this one up and sell them I have this girl that's interested in them..stupid her lol

That is wildly irresponsible. Fact. Not trash talk.

But for your next wheels, buy the best quality wheels and tires you can afford.

dowsett6
02-03-2011, 12:46 PM
That is wildly irresponsible. Fact. Not trash talk.

x2

colombian301
02-03-2011, 12:55 PM
x2

The wheels will be welded up The same or even better then how they were...the first one that my dad welded up is stronger than all of them...and she know that they are weld up she just wants them..not my problem as long as the info has been disclose

Skyler@Achtuning
02-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Who makes the best replica wheels? I want to get some b5 rs4 wheels, but since rs4 was not imported, I'm pretty much stuck with getting some reps.

Hartmann B5 RS4 style wheels have been discontinued though we do have our DTM style wheels available which look very similar.

http://shop.achtuning.com/productimages/Hartmann/Hartmann_Wheels/L_Hartmann_HRS4_DTM_GS_Wheel.jpg

http://cdn.hartmannwheels.com/gallery/2358/resized_small/Audi_B5_S4_Hartmann_Wheels_HRS4-DTM-GS_18_TM3_HWM.jpg

http://shop.achtuning.com/Hartmann-HRS4-DTM-GS-18-Wheels-Audi.aspx

The Hartmann DTM wheels are made by Hartmann's German partner, who is the manufacturer of Techart and Brabus wheels. As far as I know, every B5 RS4 replica wheel currently on the market these days is Mainland Chinese made :(

McGovs2.7TB5
02-03-2011, 01:26 PM

Look for some off an ultrasport B6, same wheel, OEM quality.

DRock3d
02-03-2011, 02:24 PM
^^^^ Seriously, who runs NANKANGS? What are they like $35 discount tire special tire/rim combo featuring self exploding rims. LOL

Unfortunately that's what my car came with, luckily craigslist doesn't know the difference.

BASARAB
02-03-2011, 03:47 PM
am going to make make dad weld this one up and sell them I have this girl that's interested in them..stupid her lol
Karma is a bitch. I hope the girl wont die cause you are a cheap ass skank

colombian301
02-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Karma is a bitch. I hope the girl wont die cause you are a cheap ass skank

Dude didn't u read what I said b4 they will be weld up good and she knows they are welded up but she still wants to buy them I say she stupid for wanting them but if she wants them she wants them she not stupid to the point that she doesn't know the risk but she just want to buy them so why not sell them to her..Iono why she wants them but she does...Iono how that makes me cheap? Lol her Bf drives an Sti I think I know what she's doing...there no karma here I ain't selling them to her like if I was hiding something...ur ignorant

BASARAB
02-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Plz use punctuation next time. Its hard to read what you just wrote

viceprp
02-03-2011, 06:21 PM
I would think welding them would throw off the balancing of the tire entirely.. Anyone else?

Also, I'll be selling my wheels soon but not til the spring. They are B6 17's 5 spoke painted Metallic Bronze, Fresh All Season tires.. But again, not ready to sell til spring.

Castor Troy
02-03-2011, 07:16 PM
lol i like where this thread is going

winston@podi.ca
02-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Get some 17" A6 fat fives

They are by far one of the strongest wheels I have ever run and is forged and an OEM wheel.

colombian301
02-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Plz use punctuation next time. Its hard to read what you just wrote

It's the forums not English class

colombian301
02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
I would think welding them would throw off the balancing of the tire entirely.. Anyone else?

Also, I'll be selling my wheels soon but not til the spring. They are B6 17's 5 spoke painted Metallic Bronze, Fresh All Season tires.. But again, not ready to sell til spring.

The first time it happen last winter I thought that too and was concern but it actually ended up needing less balancing than before so it worked out..my dad is a professional welder so I guess he knew what he was doing.
And as soon as the wheels are ready pm me thanks

Quattro
02-03-2011, 11:38 PM
jesus that looks safe.

SoFresh
02-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Do you really need a thread on people's opinions on what wheels YOU should get on YOUR car....? lol

Opinion on VMR, great quality for the price... can't really beat it if you don't want to drop over $1k on rims.

discontained
02-04-2011, 08:38 AM
you suck as a human being selling a female some faulty wheels knowing something is wrong with them yet you care nothing to pawn them off on her as its her problem for being no so knowledgeable about wheel related events. I also agree that Karma is a bitch and will return to you for being a shitfuck. K thx bye!

Granted this is not a "english" class, you sound about 17 the way you talk.. "iono", what the fuck is that mean? It is nice to read a propperly wrote question or statement on the topics. It makes it a). easier to read b). appear less like a ignorant person.

That is all I have to contribute to this thread

lespaulkid01
02-04-2011, 10:41 AM
It is nice to read a propperly wrote question or statement on the topics.

hahaha.. ironic. [>_<]

Mr.Black
02-04-2011, 11:22 AM
for anyone that does not run disposable rims. I once hit a pot hole that bent my rim/ flat tire. I called the state police immediately and filed a report with them. If my rim could not be repaired i'd have it to go after the state for reimbursement. also told the cop had i been on my bike he'd be scraping me off the road. next day... hole was fixed. FIX HOLES NOT WHEELS.

savetheclutch
02-04-2011, 11:31 AM
sell some coke and buy some nice expensive wheels? u know being Colombian and all u can probably make a good profit (surprised how different this place has become, back in the day this would have been the first reply lol)

-I agree you need to start typing like a normal person, personally I can't take someone serious when they can barely type something remotely understandable.
-Selling something that you know could harm somebody else is a shitty move, and yes karma is a bitch.

But to give you my opinion, just get some oem wheels and save up until you can afford some good quality wheels. I personally love OZ wheels and they can take quite the abuse, I have used them on both my old A4 and my Porsche and do not have anything but good things to say about the brand.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/andresa4/audi/newcarparts081.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/andresa4/IMG_0010-2.jpg

Btw I am Colombian as well, please do not embarrass us ;)

Kronic Budz
02-04-2011, 11:41 AM
if u want a new set of wheels let me know, im selling the oem wheels in my avatar...

.Mad Hatter.
02-04-2011, 11:48 AM
This thread makes my brain bleed...Please do not weld and sell those wheels. I think they are WELL beyond the point of salvage.

Lazer Viking
02-04-2011, 06:40 PM
The wheels will be welded up The same or even better then how they were...the first one that my dad welded up is stronger than all of them...and she know that they are weld up she just wants them..not my problem as long as the info has been disclose

you are a classless idiot.. im upset that the attempt at natural selection from the wheel cracking in half was not successful.

there is no way in hell you can weld this:

back to a state that it is even remotely safe, or as strong as it ever was.. and to pawn them off on someone that dosent know any better is shady business at the least.

you suck at being a human.

Zac
02-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Good thing I'm not planning on rolling around on those

colombian301
02-05-2011, 01:47 AM
Do you really need a thread on people's opinions on what wheels YOU should get on YOUR car....? lol

Opinion on VMR, great quality for the price... can't really beat it if you don't want to drop over $1k on rims.

I needed opinions in which are strong to avoid this

colombian301
02-05-2011, 01:55 AM
you suck as a human being selling a female some faulty wheels knowing something is wrong with them yet you care nothing to pawn them off on her as its her problem for being no so knowledgeable about wheel related events. I also agree that Karma is a bitch and will return to you for being a shitfuck. K thx bye!

Granted this is not a "english" class, you sound about 17 the way you talk.. "iono", what the fuck is that mean? It is nice to read a propperly wrote question or statement on the topics. It makes it a). easier to read b). appear less like a ignorant person.

That is all I have to contribute to this thread

Lol like I said b4 she know the conditions they are in she actually wants to use them for this art project lol some shit like this

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/colombian301/12669a39.jpg
I been saying that she wanted no matter what so Iono how that makes me the mad guy

And an 18... Iono means i don't know...and jus like I write slang and mess up my writing for rushing seem like u do too it's PROPERLY not propperly...and it's also written not wrote

colombian301
02-05-2011, 01:58 AM
sell some coke and buy some nice expensive wheels? u know being Colombian and all u can probably make a good profit (surprised how different this place has become, back in the day this would have been the first reply lol)

-I agree you need to start typing like a normal person, personally I can't take someone serious when they can barely type something remotely understandable.
-Selling something that you know could harm somebody else is a shitty move, and yes karma is a bitch.

But to give you my opinion, just get some oem wheels and save up until you can afford some good quality wheels. I personally love OZ wheels and they can take quite the abuse, I have used them on both my old A4 and my Porsche and do not have anything but good things to say about the brand.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/andresa4/audi/newcarparts081.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/andresa4/IMG_0010-2.jpg

Btw I am Colombian as well, please do not embarrass us ;)

Parcero just read above...answer your comments...but nices rides btw...ain't nobody embarrassing nothing ppl just assume too much

colombian301
02-05-2011, 01:59 AM
you are a classless idiot.. im upset that the attempt at natural selection from the wheel cracking in half was not successful.

back to a state that it is even remotely safe, or as strong as it ever was.. and to pawn them off on someone that dosent know any better is shady business at the least.

Il post of pic of them welded up

colombian301
02-05-2011, 02:00 AM

Il post of pic of them welded up and also read above

colombian301
02-05-2011, 02:02 AM
if u want a new set of wheels let me know, im selling the oem wheels in my avatar...

Are thoses 17" or 18"

SoFresh
02-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Do you realize you can quote multiple quotes in one post and not have to make 5-10 replies? It's the little quote button like this ["+]

Since I guess you did after all need a thread for other people's opinions on wheels, maybe you should make another opinion on you headlights. I say sell those before a pothole jumps up and breaks them. Yes, they are cheap quality, so they will probably break like cheap wheels... but if you are going down the path of blaming the city and not your poor driving, then yes... I vote you make a thread with a pole on all your future mods and let an internet community decide for you.

revbjeff
02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
That wheel is trash. There is know way it should be repaired.

colombian301
02-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Do you realize you can quote multiple quotes in one post and not have to make 5-10 replies? It's the little quote button like this ["+]

Since I guess you did after all need a thread for other people's opinions on wheels, maybe you should make another opinion on you headlights. I say sell those before a pothole jumps up and breaks them. Yes, they are cheap quality, so they will probably break like cheap wheels... but if you are going down the path of blaming the city and not your poor driving, then yes... I vote you make a thread with a pole on all your future mods and let an internet community decide for you.

Lol I know that but I use the audizine mobile so I have to do it this way and like I said b4 ppl love to assume but FYI I got my s5 style headlights from TM tuning in Germany not them knockoff from eBay made by helix...and also I dont recall me ever blaming the city lol all I said that the rims that the car had when I bought it are cheap..

SoFresh
02-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Lol I know that but I use the audizine mobile so I have to do it this way and like I said b4 ppl love to assume but FYI I got my s5 style headlights from TM tuning in Germany not them knockoff from eBay made by helix...and also I dont recall me ever blaming the city lol all I said that the rims that the car had when I bought it are cheap..

I'm just giving you a hard time man [:D]

Get some decent wheels on there and you'll be a lot happier. [up]

colombian301
02-05-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm just giving you a hard time man [:D]

Get some decent wheels on there and you'll be a lot happier. [up]

Lol it's all good...but am working on that...I have been looking at few most of them are oem...but will see

Quattro
02-09-2011, 04:50 PM
i like this thread.

Brown
02-09-2011, 05:54 PM
i like this thread.
X2

chodemaster
02-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Anddddd the most ignorant statement of the week goes to....

It's the forums not English class

the_pirate
02-10-2011, 03:54 PM

Wooooow. I guess if she is using them for an "art project"I still wouldn't weld them she could sell them to some idiot he could crash and burn then it could all come back to you.

I was pissed when a set of OEM wheels I bought had a tiny crack on the inner lip. I didn't even wanna deal with them so I sold them to a friend for stupid cheap.

viceprp
02-11-2011, 10:51 AM
I want to see the welded finish..

CleanA4
02-11-2011, 10:56 AM
the classifieds are your friends.

bw86
02-11-2011, 11:21 AM
You're actually going to weld that up and sell it to someone?? Even if she knows it's welded up - throw that wheel away, nothing but trouble is going to come from it.

bad karma +1

coolgraymemo
02-11-2011, 01:03 PM
I want to see the welded finish..

me too...

colombian301
02-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Ok pics are finally here for all you guys that want to see the wheel welded! It's not finish yet still some work left to do and clean up to do but here u guys have it. The metal brackets that go across are for better strength. Enjoy

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/colombian301/ffc5fb37.jpg

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/colombian301/5773cd44.jpg

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/colombian301/9d56381f.jpg

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/colombian301/6d4d00ba.jpg

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/colombian301/ce9cbcbe.jpg

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/colombian301/3e4bb872.jpg

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/colombian301/227f917c.jpg

BASARAB
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
D & G FTW )))

colombian301
02-11-2011, 01:44 PM
D & G FTW )))

Lmfao as I was posting theses up I say to myself someone is going to comment about my dads D&G shoes lol

buck
02-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Hartmann B5 RS4 style wheels have been discontinued

My made in Italy Hartmann B5 RS4 reps all bent... all 4. Rim repair shop said they couldn't be fixed. It hurt when I had to sell them for scrap.

I'm reluctant to get reps again... I'm currently running stocks. Yuck.

Scorpio
02-11-2011, 01:55 PM
That rim is still going to totally vibrate to no end.

colombian301
02-11-2011, 02:00 PM
My made in Italy Hartmann B5 RS4 reps all bent... all 4. Rim repair shop said they couldn't be fixed. It hurt when I had to sell them for scrap.

I'm reluctant to get reps again... I'm currently running stocks. Yuck.

That sucks man but as you can see it's possible...the repair shops maybe don't like going through the hassle sometimes...my dad I don't it for more than 8 rims and they were as new...and don't feel bad your not the only one with stocks at the moment lol http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/colombian301/190f98a9.jpg

colombian301
02-11-2011, 02:02 PM
That rim is still going to totally vibrate to no end.

Wrong!!! After it is balance it will be good this is the second one welded...before this on I was running one welded already no vibration no problems and after a year and a half it's still running perfectly

Gaberossi
02-11-2011, 02:35 PM
lets see those pics of it cleaned up!

colombian301
02-11-2011, 02:40 PM
lets see those pics of it cleaned up!

You will

SmokeTheRear
02-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Even though i know its a bit plaid out Flik Artics hold up well with holes ive hit many at 60+ ( 10k bulbs u dnt see anything at night ) and only time one slight bent was wen it had no air

colombian301
02-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Even though i know its a bit plaid out Flik Artics hold up well with holes ive hit many at 60+ ( 10k bulbs u dnt see anything at night ) and only time one slight bent was wen it had no air

Yeah I read few reviews about that and they are good for the price and all over CL...but I looking for an more oem wheel look. But u never know if i find a good deal i would get some

b52.8
02-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Bbs wheels what did u do for the wheel to crack that bad

vbrad26
02-16-2011, 08:50 PM
that shit is ridiculous...

USAF Long
02-17-2011, 09:28 AM
grind the welds down and paint them black on the insides. I don't think the wheel will break at the welds, and it can probably be balanced. But... heating the wheel up to weld it may weaken the rest of the aluminum near where it was welded. Personally I wouldn't want a wheel that had been welded. A small crack on the lip is one thing, but that is MAJOR damage to that wheel.

DonnieDark0
02-17-2011, 10:03 AM
throw the fucking wheels out dont sell them. wtf is wrong with you lol