PDA

View Full Version : B5 Avant... Want to make it a Widebody

A6Avant
01-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Hey guys. I haven't ever been on here before. Im a C5 owner and spend most of my time there. I have just come into a hell of a deal on a B5 Avant. I have loved these since I first seen them back in the '90's. However... It needs some bodywork. The areas where the body is damages is the 4 quarters... SO I was thinking... Since I will have to replace the quarters I was thinking I would just take that extra step and do a RS4 widebody on it. So what do you think?

What all is involved? Is it worth the headache? I have always loved the B5 RS4 perhaps the sexiest car ever....

PLEASE give me your opinions!

Thanks Jeremy

A4Rob
01-31-2011, 05:33 AM
Search. It has been discussed numerous times.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/309862-So-you-want-to-do-an-RS4-Widebody-Conversion

Lazer Viking
01-31-2011, 08:22 AM
plan on spending atleast double what ever you paid for the car, to do an rs4 widebody

audifirst
01-31-2011, 08:30 AM
You are in Canada you be looking at close to 20000 cdn for the parts , work and paint,

Scotty@Advanced
01-31-2011, 08:42 AM
Hey guys. I haven't ever been on here before. Im a C5 owner and spend most of my time there. I have just come into a hell of a deal on a B5 Avant. I have loved these since I first seen them back in the '90's. However... It needs some bodywork. The areas where the body is damages is the 4 quarters... SO I was thinking... Since I will have to replace the quarters I was thinking I would just take that extra step and do a RS4 widebody on it. So what do you think?

What all is involved? Is it worth the headache? I have always loved the B5 RS4 perhaps the sexiest car ever....

PLEASE give me your opinions!

Thanks Jeremy

The RS4 widebody is awe$ome.. but very expensive. Budget at least 11-12K for parts and then another 6-8k for labor and paint. (avants aren't nearly as difficult to do as sedans).

McGovs2.7TB5
01-31-2011, 10:55 AM
http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_77_116&products_id=511

A6Avant
01-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys! I appreciate the help. Thats a lot of cash... Ill seriously have to think about this. Perhaps just a custom widebody would be easier and cheaper...

audifirst
01-31-2011, 08:09 PM
it is only worth while if you planning to keep the car for longer more then 5 years , custom wide body will be under 10000 cdn labour/materials/paint

VMRWheels
01-31-2011, 11:13 PM
While the RS4 widebody is amazing, I would personally go the custom route. That way, you can really determine exactly what you want out of the kit, and save a bit of dough all the while.

If you do decide to go the widebody route, be sure to post a build thread!

A6Avant
02-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Well first I need to get the car here and see the situation. I think it will likely be custom IF I do the widebody. Those prices are just bloody wacked. I have a shop locally who does custom rods and classic rebuilds that the owner just adores Audi's and all things VAG. We have spoke and its not the normal car that they do however he is very much intrigued. So he offered that if I do the grunt work and am willing to come in on Fridays and sat (they take a 3 day weekend) he and his son and I will do all the work for a very reasonable price. He kinda wants to do it as much as I do so he has another avenue of cars to market as things have been slowing over the last year or so... SO I would be required to cover his sons time, all materials, shop rental space (which is a case of beer at the end of each weekend! lol) and the permission to use the Finnish product as advertising (meaning thru the build a friend of mine who is a professional photographer will be documenting it and then have a 2-3day shoot so they can have lots to choose from for marketing Euro tuners....) All in all it would be a great experience and have it done right truly right. Also I could likely save $$$$. And get some great training for free. But we will have to see what actually transpires. At the time he is slow enough that he has the option to offer that. Come Spring when I have the time to do it it may be a different story.

Either way I am looking forward to having a B5 Avant! She will go well with the C5 Avant in the garage.

TighTT
02-01-2011, 12:04 PM
plan on spending atleast double what ever you paid for the car, to do an rs4 widebody
Agreed.

http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_77_116&products_id=511

OEM Plus is a bunch of fart sniffers. I spent several thousand bucks with them for my Touareg W12 kit and they "forgot" to send a bunch of the smaller parts. When I confronted the owner he said "Can't you make it work"? I still am missing the parts and have received no compensation or apology. What a bag of dicks.

A6Avant
02-01-2011, 10:10 PM
oem plus is a bunch of fart sniffers. I spent several thousand bucks with them for my touareg w12 kit and they "forgot" to send a bunch of the smaller parts. When i confronted the owner he said "can't you make it work"? I still am missing the parts and have received no compensation or apology. What a bag of dicks.

pics of that ride please!

JumboBlack1.8
02-02-2011, 05:59 AM
OEM Plus is a bunch of fart sniffers. I spent several thousand bucks with them for my Touareg W12 kit and they "forgot" to send a bunch of the smaller parts. When I confronted the owner he said "Can't you make it work"? I still am missing the parts and have received no compensation or apology. What a bag of dicks.

Duly noted