PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard of Action Clutch?

walky_talky20
01-30-2011, 08:02 PM
My brother just showed me this the other day. He was researching clutches and came across a company that sells clutches to the drift community. They just so happen to make a full line of "Volkswagen" clutches, which includes the B5 Passat 1.8T. They make a CNC Chrome-moly flywheel and even a Stage 2 Kevlar option. They are supposedly quite good and the prices are about half of what the Clutchmasters stuff goes for.

I didn't find out what the flywheel weighs yet, as that is pretty important for us. I'm sure the drift kids are clutch-kicking the crap out of these things, so they can't be too bad, eh?

Anybody heard of these?

Check it out:
http://actionclutch.com/categories/Volkswagen/

champion
01-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Decent prices, but never heard of them. Id def do a google search to look for some kind of consumer feedback b4 id buy...

walky_talky20
01-30-2011, 08:31 PM
I've looked a bit. Seems like they are decently popular with the Honda guys, everybody seems to like them there. Found a Subaru guy who took the chance and said it was great. If you can do your own labor, I think it might be worth a shot. My only concern would be if they flywheel is lighter than 18 or 19 pounds. We tend to get gear rattle if it's any lighter than that.

EDIT: I fired off an email to them with some questions. We'll see what they say.

Militant-Grunt
02-01-2011, 09:32 AM
# Includes: Pressure Plate, Clutch Disc, Throwout Bearing, Alignment Tool, and Pilot Bearing (when applicable)

I'm having difficulty understanding how they make this so cheaply. I make clutches on a routine basis using high end parts, and no way in hell would it be profitable for this company to sell this clutch unless it was some cheap materials. The one time I did try using a cheaper manufacturer to make a 6 puck clutch disc is the only time I had a clutch disc shatter on me.

somebody5788
02-01-2011, 09:34 AM
I have the South Bend version of this one http://actionclutch.com/products/VOLKSWAGEN%252d1KS.html# I only paid like $20 more