PDA

View Full Version : CEL trouble? I have fix.

v3n0m
01-29-2011, 01:27 PM
I'll try not to write a long story, but this will help alot of people who have CEL's due to some sensors or fuel injectors etc.. it only costs $8. Well my car had a CEL for oxygen sensor, and alot of people said I need a new one, that includes shops, some said I need more. But then I went to this smart guy, hes Bulgarian, owns his own European Auto Clinic. And this guy checked my CEL for free, and told me that this is common for audi's and vw, and first thing is to buy http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/101072_front500.jpg
And after I used it, my CEL went away, and its been already a month or two. And I had this CEL for like 3 months.

So try this first before buying anything else for it, shops will try to rip you off and make you buy fuel injectors, Oxygen sensors and crap.
And you need to do this "tune up" every 15k miles. Because our cars are so sophisticated.

Just helping out the audi family.

FNK
01-30-2011, 06:47 PM
I use this too and it helped my Idle and fuel consumption tremendously!
Bosch monotonic can compensate as much as +50% in fuel compensation, but this has an impact on other cylinders as well... anyhow, it did a great job. (Did use 5 time that stuff until I saw no result, meaning it's finally clean)

walky_talky20
01-30-2011, 07:20 PM
This is helpful, if we knew the code that it fixed for you. What was the code?

v3n0m
01-30-2011, 09:45 PM
This is helpful, if we knew the code that it fixed for you. What was the code?

Sorry, he just checked the CEL and told me what to do /:

I use this too and it helped my Idle and fuel consumption tremendously!
Bosch monotonic can compensate as much as +50% in fuel compensation, but this has an impact on other cylinders as well... anyhow, it did a great job. (Did use 5 time that stuff until I saw no result, meaning it's finally clean)

True I did notice that I got alot more MPG, even though for me.. it went back to normal after I refueled full tank.

Audi_A4_
01-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Lucas or sea foam are both good

dozanti
01-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Lucas or sea foam are both good
This

bigblue
01-31-2011, 05:32 PM
On sale at advance auto parts this month for $4.99... its the item of the month

Audi_A4_
01-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Ya I prefer Sea foam but they are both good. probably about the same

bigblue
01-31-2011, 07:06 PM
I use seafoam on my older cars... and in the oil of the a4 once or twice a year. I use lucas products for fuel on the a4

v3n0m
02-01-2011, 02:12 AM
Yeah true seafoam is probably better, but I've never done that to my car. Maybe I should just to make sure its all clean.