PDA

View Full Version : New member- Traded quad for an 2001 a4 quattro

justinrems
01-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Im a new member and yes I got the car by trading it for a quad. The previous owner got drunk and was in an accident. So far it looks like all it needs is an axle, fender and bumper. Dont know anything really about these cars and still need this car to be a good daily driver. It is a 1.8 turbo quattro with the five speed. Also this is my first nice car ive ever owned so im glad I can saw its an Audi [:D]. Any suggestions on some simple mods or other thing that should be done, as in anything I should replace that normally fails. Im thinking suspenion and wheels in the summer but who knows.

Thanks,
Justin

ThatA4T
01-27-2011, 08:03 PM
things that go wrong...? hmm just about everything depending on how well it was maintained haha

stealth_10
01-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Yea....definitely search before you ask/post. There are tons of info/threads/stickies/mods list to go by. Every problem has been covered...so far that I know of. So if you have not searched for a problem...be prepared to put on you flame suit cuz you will need it. Welcome to the 'zine!!!

flynnr
01-27-2011, 08:21 PM
your quad was probably worth more than a salvage title a4 that needs quite a bit of work by someone who is going to charge you an arm and a leg to do the work

ThatA4T
01-27-2011, 08:33 PM
got my a4 2 years ago did some word right away then wrecked it. $2500 rebuilding it after the wreck with some maintenance at the same time, doing all the work myself. easily another 5k in maintenance and slight mods since then.
things to check for,
timing belt water pump etc.
wheel bearings
control arms
axles
coolant temp sensor
valve cover gasket

tons more those are the obvious.. search around youll be hooked shortly

dumpedb5
01-27-2011, 08:34 PM
your quad was probably worth more than a salvage title a4 that needs quite a bit of work by someone who is going to charge you an arm and a leg to do the work

X2.

ThatA4T
01-27-2011, 08:37 PM
mine was easily totaled but no salvage title haha liability insurance ftmfw my wreck doesnt even show on the carfax but my cars never going anywhere anyway

justinrems
01-29-2011, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the responces and yeah, shoulda searched before i asked lol. The previous owner got drunk and either hit something or got hit, hes not really saying but sunday I find out how bad it is and what it needs.

dumpedb5
01-31-2011, 12:20 PM
Keep us updated.

Papa_Dios
01-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Make sure it wasnt as person. Welcome.