PDA

View Full Version : Computer Question.

4squared
01-24-2011, 09:52 PM
My check engine lights been on so I check it at work. turns out I am not getting any signals to any of my 02 sensors. This can only lead me to believe it's the computer since all for are not getting a signal. Now with a replacement, does the computer need to be specific to manual or automatic?

walky_talky20
01-25-2011, 08:07 PM
I think you should share the codes first before you buy a computer. Perhaps it is just a fuse or something, eh? I'm sure you've tried clearing them at least once an all 4 codes came back, yes?

As far as the computer, they can be "recoded" from auto to manual, from FWD to quattro, etc. But you need vag-com to do it. When finding a replacement you should get one with a matching part number to your current computer.

4squared
01-25-2011, 10:09 PM
I think you should share the codes first before you buy a computer. Perhaps it is just a fuse or something, eh? I'm sure you've tried clearing them at least once an all 4 codes came back, yes?

As far as the computer, they can be "recoded" from auto to manual, from FWD to quattro, etc. But you need vag-com to do it. When finding a replacement you should get one with a matching part number to your current computer.

Tried clearing and they came right back. I didn't know there was a fuse that would affect all 4 sensors at once.