PDA

View Full Version : pics & info needed

Urtorsen
01-24-2011, 06:23 AM
forgive me if this is long winded but.....ive got a full set of h&r sports still in the box from delivery,new from ecs. they are for my avant 1.8t which already has stock sport setup(factory). i know that ecs listed the sport setup as being only for the sedan ,but i heard race is a bit much for a daily driver so i went with the sports regardless,now im not sure whether to sell them as they are or go ahead and swap them in. Im afraid there will be too much height on the front and too much drop in the rears........I HAVE SEARCHED already for pics of avants with stock sport struts and H&R sports but didnt see so if somebody has had the setup or is better with the search please post up pics...any info on the height difference between the H&r sport and stock sport springs would be good too and whether or not H&R race really is too much for chicago road surface....the car is on 18x8.5s with 225/40/18s

seanj130
01-24-2011, 07:38 AM
Drove HnR race through Boston and NYC all summer. You will be fine.

Best,
Sean.

h4robkr123
01-24-2011, 09:35 AM
I drove with H&R races through a New Hampshire winter with no problems. As long as you are somewhat aware of very large bumps you will be fine.

McGovs2.7TB5
01-24-2011, 12:03 PM
If I remember correctly, H&R sports are only .25-.5" lower than stock sport.

Obviously not an avant but I have stock sport struts and H&R sport springs, heres a pic.
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/mcgov303/PICT1488.jpg