PDA

View Full Version : NEED help with a CEL

vtecthis
01-23-2011, 07:11 PM
ok this is my issue is a misfire, ive got new plugs and that has solved the problem but the CEL wont turn off

i have standalone fuel management and i cant seem to reset my CEL for some reason i have tried to unplug my battery for a few minutes, to no avail, i've driven it about 75 miles hoping that it would go thru a drive cycle and re learn the problem but nothing yet, and the Vatozone CEL reader wont communicate to my Audi for some reason.

so i was kinda hoping there was something i havent tried

SeekB00st
01-23-2011, 07:38 PM
ok this is my issue is a misfire, ive got new plugs and that has solved the problem but the CEL wont turn off

i have standalone fuel management and i cant seem to reset my CEL for some reason i have tried to unplug my battery for a few minutes, to no avail, i've driven it about 75 miles hoping that it would go thru a drive cycle and re learn the problem but nothing yet, and the Vatozone CEL reader wont communicate to my Audi for some reason.

so i was kinda hoping there was something i havent tried

Go to autozone/advanced auto and buy use their scanner to clear the codes.....

h4robkr123
01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Go to autozone/advanced auto and buy use their scanner to clear the codes.....

He said their scanner won't connect to his car.

OP try going to your closest shop and see if their scanner can clear it for you. If nothing can connect to your car you might have some trouble getting it to go away.

SeekB00st
01-23-2011, 11:05 PM
He said their scanner won't connect to his car.

OP try going to your closest shop and see if their scanner can clear it for you. If nothing can connect to your car you might have some trouble getting it to go away.

You need to unplug your abs module. That may be the source of that problem.

vtecthis
01-24-2011, 09:29 PM
so the ABS module might be the issue??

ok ill try that and see what happens.