PDA

View Full Version : Heat HVAC fan speed cycling

bvergeer
01-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Today the fan speed started cycling. Meaning if I set the temp to say 70 degrees and the coolant temp is at normal operating temperature the fan speed bars will raise to the top and as soon as it get there it goes the other way, to the bottom and just continues doing this indefinitely. During this the fan never cuts in.

Hope that description makes sense. If so, any idea where to look or start diagnosing on this one. I'm totally lost.

Bob

bvergeer
01-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Learned about reading codes from the climate control.....Now where do I find what they mean.
201. 22.1 50.3 4.3 13.4 18.3

SeekB00st
01-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Today the fan speed started cycling. Meaning if I set the temp to say 70 degrees and the coolant temp is at normal operating temperature the fan speed bars will raise to the top and as soon as it get there it goes the other way, to the bottom and just continues doing this indefinitely. During this the fan never cuts in.

Hope that description makes sense. If so, any idea where to look or start diagnosing on this one. I'm totally lost.

Bob

I had this problem.

I ran vagcom and it said multiple problmes with HVAC.

I saved a headache and purchased a new one when I did my DD swap.

However, the new one worked for awhile. Now it just stays at 71F* 1 fan speed... frustrating. Plus when I press button they'll light up then go out.

bvergeer
01-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Mine turned out to be much simpler......old man eyes couldn't tell that a fuse was blown. Broke out the glasses and a flashlight and voila all is working properly again.

Sorry for the bother.
Bob