PDA

View Full Version : Full throttle boost leak

expletive
01-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi all, new-ish member, first post yada, yada, yada.

Ive developed a problem that i am having a helluva time solving. I have a 99.5 a4 quattro 1.8t that is mostly stock. Only mods are a chip (not sure what kind, bought the car that way) and an 034 DV. So, the problem is when get to about 60-75% to full throttle there is a loud hiss and no increase in power. The car just started doing this within the last couple of weeks and didnt have any issues before. The only thing that was done to the car when it started happening was the open air filter mod (stuck cone filter on MAF to see if there was a difference). The other thing i noticed that is new is that i can hear an audible blow off when the throttle plate closes, without a BOV and it never did this before the boost leak started.

any help would be appreciated.
Jeff

outti-a4wd
01-23-2011, 03:10 PM
i just got my car last week and i new to the site to yada yada lol but i had 0boost their was a few things i was told to do i started by making a pressure tester with pvc a rubber hose and valve stim it cost me 5 bucks i found one lead but that wasnt the cause of my problem i fix the hose i still had 0 boost so i ordered an n75j and checked my waste gate actuator it works fine its my flapper on my turbo but if i were you i would start by building your self a pressure test and i only put 8psi of air in their so i wouldnt mess any thing up and becarefull when you do it read up on it because the frist diy kit i found dnt go into detail it worked but searched for another diy and it was in grave detail and i faild to do 1 thing from the previoust test all in all start by checking to see if you have any leaks hoses also intercooler piping.