PDA

View Full Version : APR Presents: Audi C6 A6 3.0 TFSI ECU Upgrade!

Arin@APR
01-21-2011, 09:23 AM
http://www.goapr.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/c6a6engine.jpg

APR Product Page (http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_30tfsi_c6a6.html)

APR is pleased to present the world's first ECU Upgrade for the 3.0 TFSI engine. After almost a year of
accelerated life testing through professional motorsport racing, we are pleased to offer you an ECU
recalibration that is second to none. APR's extensive research and development provides you with a
powerful ECU Upgrade with no loss of drivability or reliability. Expect huge increases in top-end power,
improved throttle response and a smoother, more powerful powerband.

The APR 3.0 TFSI ECU Upgrade is an expertly recalibrated engine control strategy that remaps the boost
pressure, timing and air fuel ratios inside the factory ECU to provide smooth and reliable power as if
intended by the OEM. APR's ECU Upgrade is developed to work within the OEM and Tier 1 Supplier
specifications for engine component stress tolerances and performance specifications. APR's ECU
Upgrades are available in octane specific versions to allow you to take full advantage of the fuel
quality available in your area. APR's forthcoming patented EMCS functionality puts the control of the
engine's operation at your finger tips and allows for additional features and options to be installed to
your OEM ECU.

Not only does our Stage I ECU Upgrade give you higher peak numbers of 313 horsepower and 323-ft.
of torque measured at all 4 wheels, but also gains of up to 95 all wheel horsepower and 75lb-ft are
available throughout the power band! APR's ECU Upgrade is the best power per dollar modification for
the new 3.0 TFSI and gives it just the extra edge these cars lack from the factory without pushing the
limits. With factory like smoothness and drivability APR's ECU Upgrade will fill the void in an otherwise
excellent car.

http://www.goapr.com/includes/img/products/dyno/30tfsi_long_c6_a6/c6_a6_30tfsi_tip_apr_s1_vs_stock_93_cw.gif

http://www.goapr.com/includes/img/products/dyno/30tfsi_long_c6_a6/c6_a6_30tfsi_tip_apr_s1_vs_stock_93_cw_gain.gif

Full graphs and data report on our website (http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_30tfsi_c6a6.html)

Acceleration Testing
All figures measured by APR using a stock C6 A6 3.0TFSI Tiptronic. Because the factory speed limiter
is set to 125mph, the stock runs were conducted with the speed limiter removed. APR Stage I runs were
preformed with APR Stage I 93 Octane programming. All runs were conducted from the same starting point.

0-60 MPH
5.5 - Stock
4.7 - APR Stage I

0-100 MPH
12.8 - Stock
10.6 - APR Stage I

60-120 MPH
13.2 - Stock
10.4 - APR Stage I

60-130 MPH
18.3 - Stock
13.3 - APR Stage I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8nUttJbIDY

Price $1,499

How to Purchase

You must visit an APR Dealer (http://www.goapr.com/dealer/) to have your ECU setup,
removed and sent to the APR Headquarters for installation. ECU's cannot be sent directly to APR.
Typically your ECU is return shipped to the APR dealer the same day we receive it.

StratJohn
01-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Hell yeah.

Voltrons_Head
01-21-2011, 10:33 AM
In before Ynnekdude jizz's his pants. [:D]

dbcperformance
01-21-2011, 10:35 AM
We will provide arrangements for rentals at discounted rates for local A6ers for this upgrade.

StratJohn
01-21-2011, 10:36 AM

My first thought as well.

NWS4Guy
01-21-2011, 10:43 AM
My first thought as well.

As well as mine, he must not be up yet or is trolling the B8 S4 forums (which is why I X-posted it there, so he would surely see it)

nedrager
01-21-2011, 10:46 AM
You guys we're my #1 when I drove VWs, wish I had a 3.0T to flash, you'd get my business.

Ynnekdude
01-21-2011, 04:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY&ob=av3el

hahaha funny..... Is it that well known that I've been waiting for this tune since the day I sat in my car for the first time?

Looks sick APR! Well done!!! [:D] Please tell me there is no difference between 2009/2010 model CPUs! In the videos are you just holding the brake for the launch or do the 2010+ models have LC like the S4?

Curious, why does the S4 see higher gains? Or will there be some sort of stage II for the A6 in the future?... Or is it just because of the lower rev limit?
http://www.goapr.com/includes/img/products/dyno/30tfsi_long_b8_s4/30tfsi_b8_s4_stg_1_93_vs_stock_wheel.gif

deanz
01-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Will this ECU upgrade work on the 2012 A6?

illusive45
01-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Dang. I wish I had a 3.0T! Fifteen hundo is pretty steep, regardless of the hp gains. Although if you wanna be the first to chip your A6 3.0T, I guess its worth it. APR paves the way again! This will open the floodgates for all the other chip tuners for sure, since we know they are all workin hard to develop their own software tune.

Arin@APR
01-22-2011, 07:54 AM
The ECU works for all model years and they are the same between all model years.

We may not have each ECU ready at launch but we'll be working to get each ECU part number out there.

To Launch I just held the brake and pushed the gas, basically brake torquing it.

Comparing the air fuel ratios, timing advance, boost levels and most importantly, the mass airflow, the values between the S4 and the A6 are identical. The S4 and the A6 both are producing the same power at the CRANK, but at the wheels it's far different. This is because of drivetrain loss from the tiptronic transmission and other bits is higher than both the DSG and the 6MT.

Ynnekdude
01-22-2011, 11:57 AM
The ECU works for all model years and they are the same between all model years.

We may not have each ECU ready at launch but we'll be working to get each ECU part number out there.

To Launch I just held the brake and pushed the gas, basically brake torquing it.

Comparing the air fuel ratios, timing advance, boost levels and most importantly, the mass airflow, the values between the S4 and the A6 are identical. The S4 and the A6 both are producing the same power at the CRANK, but at the wheels it's far different. This is because of drivetrain loss from the tiptronic transmission and other bits is higher than both the DSG and the 6MT.

Wow. Unreal how much power gets lost through the Tiptronic transmission. Wish I had DSG :(

lIRATIl
01-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Still mad at you guys for the breakdown in communication over using my dad's A6 for testing this software.

But he still might buy it

Ynnekdude
01-22-2011, 01:47 PM
APR when will program switching be available? I plan on getting the tune in March and will get it program switching or not. However, gas at home is 93 octane. Gas at school is 91... I want the 93 tune but I might have to run 91 on it for a few weeks... the ECU would adapt accordingly, right? It wouldn't be a huge deal for a couple weeks would it?

Joel@APR
01-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Running 93 on a 91 file is actually ideal. Typically, it should eliminate all timing correction. Also, for the A6 and the S4 there's no difference in boost between 91 and 93 so there will be no loss there. You can expect to be right in between the power numbers advertised for 91 and 93. Program switching is still a priority for us, but we do not have an anticipated release date.

ChicagoA6
01-25-2011, 08:36 AM
I know not many people care about 1/4 mile times but do you have a simulated 1/4 mile time? I think I read somewhere that stock it does 14.0@101.. IIRC... Just curious

Ynnekdude
01-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I know not many people care about 1/4 mile times but do you have a simulated 1/4 mile time? I think I read somewhere that stock it does 14.0@101.. IIRC... Just curious

I predict 13.0-13.1

Arin@APR
01-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Never tried a 1/4th run. Sorry. :(

ChicagoA6
01-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Anyone have a ballpark number of what a authorized dealer would charge to flach the ecu?

ChicagoA6
01-25-2011, 02:22 PM
I tried to call one of the Authorized dealers on the APR website and they were dumbfounded...lol

Arin@APR
01-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Dumbfounded about what?

ChicagoA6
01-26-2011, 08:21 AM
I just called a performance shop instead. The other place I called had no idea what I was talking about, talking to 2 different people.

lagouardedupouy
12-19-2011, 01:19 PM

Why in ETKA software, S4's engine (CAKA) and A6 3.0T's engine have two different part number ???

Arin@APR
12-19-2011, 01:22 PM
If the first 3 letters are different, some aspect of the mechanical makeup of the engine is physically different.
If the last letter is different, then it's a software power output difference.

I know for sure the makeup of the intake and exhaust headers on the A6 an S4 differ, which can radically alter power output. I don't quite recall what the other changes are which would warrant a new first 3 letter change.

lagouardedupouy
12-19-2011, 01:51 PM
thanks. S4 engine code is CAKA and A6 3.0T is CAJA

Arin@APR
12-19-2011, 02:49 PM
If Audi issues a new code for headers and intake, then that would probably be the only major difference.

Ynnekdude
12-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Arin, if I were to run 100 octane on the 93 tune, would there be an adaptation period or would the gains be realized relatively quick? I'm considering filling up on some next time I run my car to E.

Also, when do we get version 2.0? 2 weeks? [:p]

Arin@APR
12-19-2011, 03:48 PM
If you drive the car for 10-20 miles, I'd expect most of the adaptation to take place. :)

Anthony
12-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Arin,

Now that the Audizine C7 A6 is here, I have to ask again...any ETA on a tune!? [:D]

lagouardedupouy
12-20-2011, 05:08 AM
If Audi issues a new code for headers and intake, then that would probably be the only major difference.
Thanks a lot !
Have you make an RSC exhaust and a Carbonio intake for A6 C6 4F 3.0T ? In order to match S4 B8 ?

Arin@APR
12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Arin,

Now that the Audizine C7 A6 is here, I have to ask again...any ETA on a tune!? [:D]

Not yet. Probably have more info next year.

Thanks a lot !
Have you make an RSC exhaust and a Carbonio intake for A6 C6 4F 3.0T ? In order to match S4 B8 ?

We don't have anything planned. Sorry!