PDA

View Full Version : Need a stock heat shield for 2.8

miggity02
01-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Anyone have one or knows where I can find one? Owner before me put in a K&N (not so ) cold air intake and I want to go back to stock. But he also removed the heat shield... Question is can I get away with the stock box and no heat shield or should I really have both?

Euromike
01-18-2011, 09:47 PM
What heat shield are you talking about? On the 2.8 its just the box. I have one if you are interested. But honestly, i have the K&N on both of my 2.8's, there is a very small difference in low end torque, and a very noticeable difference in engine tone. The thing growls with the K&N and you barely hear it with the stock air box.

euroazfck
01-18-2011, 09:52 PM
people on eBay or cl are always parting out cars, it all depends on where u live

miggity02
01-18-2011, 11:09 PM
What heat shield are you talking about? On the 2.8 its just the box. I have one if you are interested. But honestly, i have the K&N on both of my 2.8's, there is a very small difference in low end torque, and a very noticeable difference in engine tone. The thing growls with the K&N and you barely hear it with the stock air box.

So you wouldn't say it's just sucking hot air and reducing efficiency and power?

Silverstreak98
01-19-2011, 12:47 AM
So you wouldn't say it's just sucking hot air and reducing efficiency and power?

I'd say that is an accurate statement, I believe most people do it for the sound more than anything else.

somebody5788
01-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Make a heat shield =D Or I'd sell all my old air box possibly. No room for it anymore hehehe.

But really if it has the little rubber pieces that go into the front body rail still then just a piece of sheet metal bent with a cut out for the intake and then if you can find some insulation for it and 2 bolts into the rubber things. You'd have a really nice DIY CAI

Euromike
01-19-2011, 07:05 AM
If it does, it is so minuscule that I don't even notice it. The car still runs at normal temps, and sounds alot nicer.