PDA

View Full Version : will a canadian cluster go right into my 2000 a4 avant?also s4 interior bolt up?

audikid66
01-18-2011, 09:27 AM
have a 2000 a4 avant with a regular american cluster want to put a euro cluster in cause i found one for cheap with all pixels and also think its be cool to have a euro cluster....something different... wondering if i can just swap them or is there more to this? i have a 2000 1.8t audi a4 quattro manual avant thanks.. also will s4 interior for a sedans bolt into my avant? any changes have to be made to rear seats or do i need avant rears? and all the wires will hook right in?id just hafta change climate control so i have heated seat switches right?

audifirst
01-18-2011, 09:43 AM
the cluster will fit, but cdn cluster doesn't have MPH speed chart, so you will lose on that, plus the mileage is not programmable once hit over 60 miles, why don't you get your cluster fixed will be cheaper and you don't have to worry about programming.

audikid66
01-18-2011, 11:16 AM
i dont mind havin the Kilometers itll be different you know... um and what do u mean about after 60 miles its not programmable u talking about the odometer or speed? if it will fit right in and i dont need to do any immobilizer stuff like get it programmed thats fine with me.. not worried about the KM reading either

audifirst
01-18-2011, 11:46 AM
yes odometer is programmed into cluster, so if you buy cluster with 130000 you can;t change mileage, unless you buy cluster that is closer to your existing mileage.
I don't know where you buying the cluster from if ebay I would be caution even if all pixels are showing there is no proof that the lcd will display correctly,
there are two failures that happen to lcd, one is pixelazation failure where one pixel start to disappear and rest follows in time there is one line or multiple lines missing
second is lcd display is effected by temperature you see all pixels perfect once car warms up or it is hot outside the screen text disappears , I have not seen yet ebay cluster that have good lcd, most of the b5 clusters from 1998 to 2001.5 have old design lcd , on avg they last 3-5 years,

audikid66
01-18-2011, 12:43 PM
na this is a dude on Audizine.. so it will fit right in i dont need to get it coded at a dealer or anything jus unplug mine and plug this right in? do i hafta make sure its for a manual or 1.8t or anything or that doesnt matyter idc about the mileage thing if i sell my car ill jus put the old odmeter back in

tar
01-18-2011, 02:34 PM
na this is a dude on Audizine.. so it will fit right in i dont need to get it coded at a dealer or anything jus unplug mine and plug this right in? do i hafta make sure its for a manual or 1.8t or anything or that doesnt matyter idc about the mileage thing if i sell my car ill jus put the old odmeter back in

how will putting your old cluster in make your mileage correct at all. doing this will ruin resale imo since incorrect mileage displayed.

biketsai
01-18-2011, 02:41 PM
how will putting your old cluster in make your mileage correct at all. doing this will ruin resale imo since incorrect mileage displayed.

I think he understands this part.

OP, I believe you can recode the soft coding on the cluster so it knows its in an American spec car. Id go to the ross-tech site and checkout the quick softcodes.

blacka4
01-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Dude, how do oyu plan on reporting mileage to the state when you re register your car?? it will come up on the carfax report as fraud. you will get screwed

audikid66
01-18-2011, 06:14 PM
did i ask that? no i dont care bro ill keep tabs on mileage wow i ask one question and get shit dont post if ur not looking to help me idc bout the bullshit u guys hav to say.. thanks for the other guys that gave me useful amswrrs much appreciated