PDA

View Full Version : new guy here deperatly trying to get into an audi b5!

daedaestoy
01-18-2011, 07:34 AM
hey sorry guys ive been a member for a week or so now and am deperately trying to get into a b5 audi and have been on here and back and forth between here vortex, zine, and audiforums for the passed 3 weeks everyday trying to find me a car and have been unsuccessful so far... im pretty bummed because i really want an audi but cant get outta this jeep to get one...

awdjunkies
01-18-2011, 07:37 AM
I thought Dae Dae had a BMW? No matter, welcome to AZ. I am sure if you post it in the for sale forums(Granted if/when you are able to) you will generate interest including some suggestions. I am sure you have also put it up on Craigslist etc. ?

seanj130
01-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Ah! The spelling and grammar is killing me! I thought that Jeeps sell like hot cakes?

Best regards,
Sean.

euroazfck
01-18-2011, 08:24 AM
there all over craigslist,good luck...

barrys1.8t
01-18-2011, 08:29 AM
How much u loooking to spend?

EErie B6
01-18-2011, 08:37 AM
How much u loooking to spend?

theres the kicker.

PSU S4
01-18-2011, 08:54 AM
theres the kicker.

Haha Nice, how is it hard to find a B5 A4? They are everywhere.

RudEb0iA4
01-18-2011, 09:21 AM
it can get a bit tricky finding the right B5 especially since
not everyone takes care of theirs as well as most of us enthusiasts.

Avant Nate
01-18-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm trying to talk my wife into getting another. Just for fun, because she pretty much drives the other one. There's a ton on craigslist, not all good deals though.

RudEb0iA4
01-18-2011, 09:42 AM
i recently picked up a b5 a4 quattro tip...
now cant decide if i should start saving for a s4 b5
or 1.8bt engine swap to keep me busy.

EErie B6
01-18-2011, 01:42 PM

good thing you say "most" cause theres a few on here who have done a damn good job of killing their cars.

daedaestoy
01-18-2011, 02:18 PM
id really like to trade even up for my jeep and yes its on cl, ebay, vehix, the jeep forum, all these audi forums, including vortex,zine, audiform, and projektgerman.... not seeming to go that easy... o! and all my local town web sites

EErie B6
01-18-2011, 05:05 PM
id really like to trade even up for my jeep and yes its on cl, ebay, vehix, the jeep forum, all these audi forums, including vortex,zine, audiform, and projektgerman.... not seeming to go that easy... o! and all my local town web sites

What kind of jeep?
year?
mileage?
mods?
asking price?

daedaestoy
01-18-2011, 05:35 PM
2002 jeep liberty renegade heres a link to see the info
http://smd.craigslist.org/cto/2165733315.html

brettj20
01-18-2011, 06:06 PM
you should be able to trade for a audi, looks like a nice jeep.

grillhands
01-18-2011, 06:35 PM
I paid 2gs for my 2001 b5

Los503
01-18-2011, 06:45 PM
good luck finding what you looking for

daedaestoy
01-18-2011, 07:13 PM
it is very clean for the miles and has alot of new parts on it... ive been trying to get rid of it like i said for like 3 weeks now and not hardly any bites.... i dunno wat the problem is....

euroazfck
01-18-2011, 07:42 PM

Well said

Euromike
01-18-2011, 09:28 PM
If i were you i would sell the Jeep and then get into a B5. It will be a lot easier than finding someone with a B5 that is willing to trade. Thats a nice Jeep, the founds you get for it should easily pay for a B5. Depending on exactly what you are looking for, a nice B5 can be had for around 4 grand in todays market. Sometimes even cheaper if your willing to get your hands dirty and fix it up yourself.

daedaestoy
01-18-2011, 09:34 PM
well i think ill b picking up this over the weekend for a cool grand! might not be a 1.8t but i can pick this up and take my time selling the jeep then take my funds from it and fix this and drop a superchargerr on it and be happy! then turn around and flip this and make about 5 to 6k back and get what i really want maybe? we'll jus have to see how much i like it and how much fun it is with the supercharger..
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5143883-FS-98-Audi-A4-2.8l-V6-Quattro-Auto-Tiptronic-128k-PA&p=69440526#post69440526

Euromike
01-18-2011, 09:37 PM
well i think ill b picking up this over the weekend for a cool grand! might not be a 1.8t but i can pick this up and take my time selling the jeep then take my funds from it and fix this and drop a superchargerr on it and be happy! then turn around and flip this and make about 5 to 6k back and get what i really want maybe? we'll jus have to see how much i like it and how much fun it is with the supercharger..
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5143883-FS-98-Audi-A4-2.8l-V6-Quattro-Auto-Tiptronic-128k-PA&p=69440526#post69440526

If you have a S/C 2.8 and you sell it for a chipped 1.8T, you WILL regret it lol. Thats a good find other than it being tiptronic, Congrats!

daedaestoy
01-18-2011, 09:56 PM
lol well like i said before if i like the supercharger which im suure i will since i miss my supercharged lightning so much im sure itll stay around for a while!

A4drei
01-19-2011, 01:28 AM
well if your looking for a car thatll be cheaper to mod up with many many more mods you should go for a 1.8t instead of a v6. exspensive S/C!

Euromike
01-19-2011, 07:13 AM
well if your looking for a car thatll be cheaper to mod up with many many more mods you should go for a 1.8t instead of a v6. exspensive S/C!
Eh, to each their own. V6's are a great motor too. Some people swear by them! (cough me)

tar
01-19-2011, 07:31 AM
you do realize your buying a tiptronic(shitbox) with problems right. i know alot of vw/audi techs and they say if the trans slips at all run. your gonna be spending that 3k supercharger fund on a new trans or getting stuck with that car when u try to sell it after the tranny goes. just think it over. heres a thread from a local forum from yesterday about the tiptronic. and if you really beleive this guy about those two things being the trans problem and him just taking the 3-4k loss on not getting them fixed then go 4 it.

http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/showthread.php?54102-MK4-Tiptronic-Transmission-not-shifting-Properly.

daedaestoy
01-19-2011, 07:50 AM
im not at all scared of having to work on it at all im a heavy equipment/heavy truck mech by trade so the small few things that could go wrong with this car dont even come close to compare to some of the big stuff that goes wong on the things i work on everyday lol so either way i have dun a bunch of my own reasearch and it seems to me that the tcms are a common problem with these so either way ill make out in the end even if i have to put a tranny in it cause i dont have to pay sumone to do the work for me.... i also have access to the latest and newest scanners for cars and jus about anything i could need to do work like a lift and everything... so ill b fine as long as it runs fine and i can drop my sc on it ill b happy

stevejones19
01-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Even if that tranny is toast, for 1500 your not gonna die. There is even a full DIY on rebuilding those tips. I believe it was on the transmission from a porsche, but they are the same basic thing.

daedaestoy
01-19-2011, 06:29 PM
ya i dont see it being that big of a deal either way... ill still be way under what id pay for a completly normal one

discontained
01-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Even if that tranny is toast, for 1500 your not gonna die. There is even a full DIY on rebuilding those tips. I believe it was on the transmission from a porsche, but they are the same basic thing.

if the 1.8t and 2.8 trans are anything alike, expect to pay anywhere around $4000 - $6500 for a new one..( unless you replace it yourself ) I know this cuz I had to have mine replaced a year and 3 months ago. Once it slips all hell breaks out inside the slushbox.

daedaestoy
01-19-2011, 06:47 PM
like i said b4 im not at all scared of having to work on it at all im a heavy equipment/heavy truck mech by trade so the small few things that could go wrong with this car dont even come close to compare to some of the big stuff that goes wong on the things i work on everyday lol so either way i have dun a bunch of my own reasearch and it seems to me that the tcms are a common problem with these so either way ill make out in the end even if i have to put a tranny in it cause i dont have to pay sumone to do the work for me.... i also have access to the latest and newest scanners for cars and jus about anything i could need to do work like a lift and everything... so ill b fine as long as it runs fine and i can drop my sc on it ill b happy

stevejones19
01-19-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/384196-DIY-5HP-19FL-Valve-Body-Rebuild

Check that out if you do happen to get the car. It probably won't be the same exact problem, but atleast its an idea of what your up against. GL with the car. I have a v6 and it runs great. Last owner didn't really take care of it much, so it was not to hot when i got it, but as of today, somewhere around 210K on it, it shows no signs of quiting right now. [up]

daedaestoy
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
thanks i hope to get it home sunday and to try to maybe meet up with a guy off audiforums that said he may have the parts i will need so i will know really quick if i need a tranny or not...

Papa_Dios
01-19-2011, 07:48 PM
If it's really toast you can always go 5 speed for a decent price if you're willing to do the work. 1500 isn't too bad if that's the only thing wrong with it. I traded a 94 Integra for my 2001 A4 (in running condition) so you shouldnt have a problem trading your jeep.

daedaestoy
01-19-2011, 07:56 PM
hes giving me the a4 for a thousand! and i have to have a auto for my wife to drive it in the snow since im sellin the jeep... :/

colombian301
01-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Daedaestoy let me know if you get the audi and still need the tranny am also from MD and I know a guy that knows a guy that has alot of b5 trannies of when he used to work for audi back in the day
And also it's easy to find b5 here in Maryland :)

colombian301
01-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Also am interested in that jeep what's the lowest u would let it go for?

daedaestoy
01-19-2011, 09:46 PM
gimmie a call or text anytime and we can discuss it..

stevejones19
01-20-2011, 05:18 AM
I'd take down your phone number and keep that to a PM. There are some sketchy members on here nowadays. One guy had his cal stolen from someone who admitted to be a member on here.

somebody5788
01-20-2011, 06:05 AM

I work on my car myself and I did $2000 in maintenance before I even considered installing the supercharger...

Don't buy the car you linked. It looks like it has a rattle canned paint job plus transmission problems... It's worth $200

Edmunds True Market Value report says the Renegade is worth about 4300 right now. The report usually is to let people know what they actually sell for.

colombian301
01-20-2011, 07:32 AM
gimmie a call at 240-216-7060 and we can discuss it..

Am going to show my dad the pics of the jeeps he is the one that wants to buy and if he is interested then il give u a call but where in Maryland are u located cause here in the DMV there are alot for sell check any of these out

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=Audi+a4&srchType=T&minAsk=&maxAsk=&hasPic=1

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 07:45 AM
I work on my car myself and I did $2000 in maintenance before I even considered installing the supercharger...

Don't buy the car you linked. It looks like it has a rattle canned paint job plus transmission problems... It's worth $200

Edmunds True Market Value report says the Renegade is worth about 4300 right now. The report usually is to let people know what they actually sell for.

dude your like the 3rd or 4th person that has told me my values are wrong on my jeep i dunno where you bank at but where i bank at they go by 1of 2 values kbb or nada when determining what the vehicle is worth to give you a loan... i deal with 2 very large credit unions one of them being library of congress federal credit union in washington dc! now i dunno what it is with you people always trying to down someones value? you dont even know what it looks like in person or how nice it is or even what options it has or what your talking about when it comes to valuing a vehicle! i buy and sell cars almost like a used car salesman i get adifferent vehicle about every year almost sometimes more frequnt than that! i think i know better about what a vehicle is worth than most! and further more there is a reason why they ask you for your zip code when you look up values because they are different in different regions of the us! so instead of bashing someones threaad about what you think you know jus keep your comments to yourself from now on! this forum is supposed to be for people who are helping out other people not making them look bad!

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Am going to show my dad the pics of the jeeps he is the one that wants to buy and if he is interested then il give u a call but where in Maryland are u located cause here in the DMV there are alot for sell check any of these out

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=Audi+a4&srchType=T&minAsk=&maxAsk=&hasPic=1
im down in st marys county md about an hr and a half or so south of you... o and thanks for the reccomendations! theres an avant on there id really like to have! hopefully i can make a deal with your dad so i can snatch it up before it is sold! keep me posted as much as possible!

tar
01-20-2011, 07:57 AM
k well he asked for help and bashed the honest answers. i predict your the new calvin1.8t. Cant wait for the plz help threads where u will get no answers due to how you respond to senior members advise.

somebody5788
01-20-2011, 08:09 AM
dude your like the 3rd or 4th person that has told me my values are wrong on my jeep i dunno where you bank at but where i bank at they go by 1of 2 values kbb or nada when determining what the vehicle is worth to give you a loan... i deal with 2 very large credit unions one of them being library of congress federal credit union in washington dc! now i dunno what it is with you people always trying to down someones value? you dont even know what it looks like in person or how nice it is or even what options it has or what your talking about when it comes to valuing a vehicle! i buy and sell cars almost like a used car salesman i get adifferent vehicle about every year almost sometimes more frequnt than that! i think i know better about what a vehicle is worth than most! and further more there is a reason why they ask you for your zip code when you look up values because they are different in different regions of the us! so instead of bashing someones threaad about what you think you know jus keep your comments to yourself from now on! this forum is supposed to be for people who are helping out other people not making them look bad!

I am a car sales man here at the shop........ I was only trying to make the sale easier for you but apparently that was rude........ KBB and NADA are way way off on car values. I WAS NOT trying to make you look bad I WAS trying to help. You say "desperately trying to get into a B5" but you are not going to sell the renegade if you price it too high. I did the market value using your zip code for hollywood, MD and it was with in $100, I added some features that I assumed it would have and it went up 200. Basically the actual private party sale value of a 2002 high mileage Jeep Liberty is $4500 IF it's 4x4. That means list it for 5 and take the best offer.

If you are unwilling to take advice, occasional criticism, or from some members out right flaming then you really do not belong here. Sometimes the facts hurt and the truth is car values right now are terrible. Car sales is still a really hard business to be in right now and that is why our shop quit buying. We focused back on car repair primarily and I moved from sales to parts.

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 08:09 AM
k well he asked for help and bashed the honest answers. i predict your the new calvin1.8t. Cant wait for the plz help threads where u will get no answers due to how you respond to senior members advise.

its not my fault that some people are not very knowledgeable about somethings jus because hes a senior member on here doesnt mean he knows all about everything ... im not saying he doesnt know or isnt knowledgable about audis but its jus not cool for him to tell me i dont know about something that i am more than knowledgeable about im sorry to somebody5788 but it kinda pisses me off that people keep telling me my jeep isnt worth what the blue book says and thats BS... but anyway i jus want everyone to be happy and nice and when you try to tell me basically that im a moron and dunno what im talking about thats jus not cool for a senior member to do in my eyes exspecailly since im a noob that doesnt make this site look to promising when i do really need help...

somebody5788
01-20-2011, 08:17 AM
All I was saying is that Blue book isn't accurate for any car. It's good for a bank loan but that's about it.

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 08:21 AM
I am a car sales man here at the shop........ I was only trying to make the sale easier for you but apparently that was rude........ KBB and NADA are way way off on car values. I WAS NOT trying to make you look bad I WAS trying to help. You say "desperately trying to get into a B5" but you are not going to sell the renegade if you price it too high. I did the market value using your zip code for hollywood, MD and it was with in $100, I added some features that I assumed it would have and it went up 200. Basically the actual private party sale value of a 2002 high mileage Jeep Liberty is $4500 IF it's 4x4. That means list it for 5 and take the best offer.

If you are unwilling to take advice, occasional criticism, or from some members out right flaming then you really do not belong here. Sometimes the facts hurt and the truth is car values right now are terrible. Car sales is still a really hard business to be in right now and that is why our shop quit buying. We focused back on car repair primarily and I moved from sales to parts.
it is 4x4 and i didnt never say what my bottom price was... and i dont have a problem takin criticism or any of that its jus i really cant take to little for it cause it is very nice and very clean expesially since it has 167000 miles on it and almost everything is new on and in it... i dont have ANY money other than what i sell the jeep for and i jus want to be happy when i get into an audi. i want to buy a fairly nice one not jus a piece of junk that i have to work everytime i want to go somewhere i dont have the time, place to work on it or the funds....

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 08:23 AM
All I was saying is that Blue book isn't accurate for any car. It's good for a bank loan but that's about it.

thats more understandable... but that is what i have always went by as a reference because thats what someone will be able to get from the bank to pay for it if they were trying to buy it from me... like i said in my ad its ore than fair priced if you try to go buy one comperable at a dealer near here where i live you will be paying 7to 10 gs for it and some arent even as nice and claen as mine

somebody5788
01-20-2011, 08:53 AM
it is 4x4 and i didnt never say what my bottom price was... and i dont have a problem takin criticism or any of that its jus i really cant take to little for it cause it is very nice and very clean expesially since it has 167000 miles on it and almost everything is new on and in it... i dont have ANY money other than what i sell the jeep for and i jus want to be happy when i get into an audi. i want to buy a fairly nice one not jus a piece of junk that i have to work everytime i want to go somewhere i dont have the time, place to work on it or the funds....

The problem with an Audi is unless you have 1k on the side at all times for unexpected repairs you will end up not being able to drive it or it will just become poor condition. They are by no means low maintenance.

Also just letting you know if you don't have the time, money, or a heated garage you don't want to supercharge a 2.8 lol. They require lots of tinkering... mine still doesn't run right, it's getting there but it's not there yet.

And I know how it is having that feeling that your car is worth more. I wouldn't take less then $8000 for my car and it's so not worth that lol. I've also got about $4000 in mods/maintinance over 2.5 years granted $2000 is the suspension and supercharger. But $5000 is a fair asking price. You will have to entertain offers but you don't have to take less then that. And this is due to the work you have put into it.

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 09:05 AM
The problem with an Audi is unless you have 1k on the side at all times for unexpected repairs you will end up not being able to drive it or it will just become poor condition. They are by no means low maintenance.

Also just letting you know if you don't have the time, money, or a heated garage you don't want to supercharge a 2.8 lol. They require lots of tinkering... mine still doesn't run right, it's getting there but it's not there yet.

And I know how it is having that feeling that your car is worth more. I wouldn't take less then $8000 for my car and it's so not worth that lol. I've also got about $4000 in mods/maintinance over 2.5 years granted $2000 is the suspension and supercharger. But $5000 is a fair asking price. You will have to entertain offers but you don't have to take less then that. And this is due to the work you have put into it.

and i agree i have been reading and reasearching for almost a month about these audis and i understand that its not gunna be fun all the time but im pretty knowledgeable in the mechanical field as i am a heavy truck/equipment mech by trade and i have access to a shop with a lift and all jus not all the time and i dont have all that much time to do work but either way i should save quite a bit on labor jus hav to spend on parts mostly

and as for my jeep 5k is what in reality is what i want to take may go alittle lower but as you know you have to start high with that obo price and let them talk you down...

somebody5788
01-20-2011, 09:06 AM
and i agree i have been reading and reasearching for almost a month about these audis and i understand that its not gunna be fun all the time but im pretty knowledgeable in the mechanical field as i am a heavy truck/equipment mech by trade and i have access to a shop with a lift and all jus not all the time and i dont have all that much time to do work but either way i should save quite a bit on labor jus hav to spend on parts mostly

and as for my jeep 5k is what in reality is what i want to take may go alittle lower but as you know you have to start high with that obo price and let them talk you down...

I know that but these days you ask what you want and you just mark it as firm. People aren't making offers as much.

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 09:07 AM
and as i told colombian301 he sent me a link to the local craigslist and its got a 1.8t, tip, quattro avant for 5400 i think an avant is what i really want not a sedan so if i can make a deal with him for my jeep i will surely jump on that avant!

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 09:11 AM
I know that but these days you ask what you want and you just mark it as firm. People aren't making offers as much.

well i appreciate the info mab thats what i will do if it doesnt sell by this weekend cause i really want an a4! in actuallity that 30v i want to get mab alot more work than i want to do... but i do miss that whine from that supercharger on my old lightning...

EuroDriven
01-20-2011, 09:26 AM
It's like a f*cking bon fire in here with all the flaming....

Anyways...

I was going to comment on the paint job too. If you want to make some money you could pick the car up and part it. You can get at least 1500 from selling parts EASY from that car. But from what I have seen expect to spend at least 2k for a decent A4, plus 1k in maintenance in the first year or two so that it is running right.

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 09:40 AM
im supposed to pick that 30v up for a grand.. so i dunno what i should do jus buy it and part it or jus not worry about it?

EuroDriven
01-20-2011, 09:46 AM
If you have time/space part it until the car is as stripped as possible, lots of things you can sell. Heads, brake system, steering, alternator, ac condenser, electron controls inside, trim, seats, body panels (cheap even though they have shitty paint), wheels, etc. I bought a WAYYY shittier 12v v6 for cheap and made about 1200 off it but thats because I had to get rid of it early and still got a transmission, and a bunch of other things from it for my build.

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 09:49 AM
well i guess i jus have to wait to see if columbn301 comes thru for me if not ill go from there

EErie B6
01-20-2011, 09:51 AM
the Jeep looks nice. I wouldn't think a direct swap would be too hard to pull off... for a clean B5 none the less.

I don't want to rain on your parade but i see a baby seat in the back of it and i think you might be making the wrong choice. We bought our B5 with a baby on the way and now i really wish it was an SUV of some kind. Bending over to strap my daughter in kills my back. The other down side is that i cant ride passenger when we take the car places b/c i cant put the seat back far enough to fit... This means i drive where ever we take it... normally i prefer this but on longer trips when you would like to change and let the wife drive its just not an option. Then theres the added bonus of listening to her gripe about not being able to recline the chair... etc.

...if you have a friend with a B5 or an AZer near by, you might want to see if they will let you throw the car seat in the back and try everything on for size before you make your move.

otherwise, i totally love the car, its fun to drive, handles well, easy to work on... etc.

Just a warning. [up]

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 10:00 AM
lol thanks for the heads up and yes i have a 19 mo old daughter ... but the way i see it she will b old enough soon that she will get into one of those booster seats and get out of that car seat.. none the less anything has to be better than my wifes 2dr accord!! i jus really want something fun to drive that also doubles as a family car wen i need one and my wife can drive in the snow and not have to whine that her fwd accord is stuck on her way home from work....

somebody5788
01-20-2011, 10:10 AM
im supposed to pick that 30v up for a grand.. so i dunno what i should do jus buy it and part it or jus not worry about it?

I really would avoid the blue one man. It's a nightmare waiting to happen. This is coming from a person with a shop too so... ya... and plus we specialize in Audi/VW. I'd look for a 90-100k mile one in the $4000 range and 00-01. Just that the blue one is very obviously a repaint and a very bad repaint at that. Quite literally with needing a transmission it is only worth $200 in that condition. If you got it for $500 and just parted it out you could make some profit but only because the shell is worth 200 ish in metal.

Also the 2000-2001 body style has car seat hooks I believe

and a normal car seat is quite hard to fit, it fits, but it's not comfy for the passenger lol

EuroDriven
01-20-2011, 10:12 AM
lol thanks for the heads up and yes i have a 19 mo old daughter ... but the way i see it she will b old enough soon that she will get into one of those booster seats and get out of that car seat.. none the less anything has to be better than my wifes 2dr accord!! i jus really want something fun to drive that also doubles as a family car wen i need one and my wife can drive in the snow and not have to whine that her fwd accord is stuck on her way home from work....

How the hell do you even fit a car seat in that?! Talk about a PITA to get your kid in the car. My buddy has a 4 cyl 2003 Accord Coupe, it's a PITA for me to get into the back because the seats don't go forward far enough and nothing to grab onto. But if you do decide to part that car, it gives you buffer time to let your kid get out of a full car seat [;)]

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 11:25 AM
How the hell do you even fit a car seat in that?! Talk about a PITA to get your kid in the car. My buddy has a 4 cyl 2003 Accord Coupe, it's a PITA for me to get into the back because the seats don't go forward far enough and nothing to grab onto. But if you do decide to part that car, it gives you buffer time to let your kid get out of a full car seat [;)]
i know right so any 4dr car will b a blessing

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 11:29 AM
how does this look? this any better than the blue car? if i could get rid of my jeep...
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/2168957844.html

EErie B6
01-20-2011, 11:35 AM
^ i like.

BENI_BOY
01-20-2011, 11:38 AM
i have aeb 1.8t w/5speed tranny for sale which would be perfect for that avant!

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 11:47 AM
i called the guy and he said no trades and $5400 no less! wat kinda sh!t is that?

BENI_BOY
01-20-2011, 11:58 AM
i called the guy and he said no trades and $5400 no less! wat kinda sh!t is that?

its a tip with high miles..that car is worth 3500 to me

BENI_BOY
01-20-2011, 11:59 AM
and if thats the case spend another 4,600 and buy this
http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=47318&title=b5-s4-6spd-avant&cat=67

b5 s4 avant sport package and 6speed!!!

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 12:24 PM
only 3 problems with that its not tip, i dont have any more money to spend other than what i get outta my jeep, and last but not least its only 2400 miles away from me! lol

tar
01-20-2011, 03:55 PM
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5105153-WTT-2000-a4-avant-1.8t-5-speed-quattro-105k-for-mazdaspeed-protege-ep-civic-si-wrx-mk4-gti-or-a-mk4-jetta/page2

worth trying for teach the wife 2 drive stick

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 04:10 PM
she knows hoe to drive a stick i jus dont trust her in the snow.... so i need a tip so my wife to drive it in the snow... i could care less...:/

colombian301
01-20-2011, 05:14 PM
she knows hoe to drive a stick i jus dont trust her in the snow.... so i need a tip so my wife to drive it in the snow... i could care less...:/

Yo so I show my dad the jeep and he told me he wants the wrangler..I knew that but I tried lol we have a 02 blue liberty sport already but I love yours...but in the other hand hope the CL link helps you..and like I said if u go with the audi in need of a tranny I have my friend that has a bunch and will let them go for cheap

BENI_BOY
01-20-2011, 06:20 PM
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5105153-WTT-2000-a4-avant-1.8t-5-speed-quattro-105k-for-mazdaspeed-protege-ep-civic-si-wrx-mk4-gti-or-a-mk4-jetta/page2

worth trying for teach the wife 2 drive stick

damn where was this when i bought mine!!in ct too

daedaestoy
01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
sweet thanks anyway colombian301 it all good and i will sure keep u in mind about the tranny Cause im about 99% sure im getting it if i could ever get ahold of the guy who owns it again! lol

somebody5788
01-21-2011, 05:47 AM

a manual quattro in the snow is one of the easiest/safest cars to drive. Teach her to downshift so you don't depend on ABS as much when coming to stops and then just going around corners or a straight line it's now worse then a Tip.

And if you still don't like the idea of cornering then get a 4:1 dif mod lol. While it's awesome for those of us that want to go drifting/sliding around or just autocross it is also better for over all control. I took a snow covered road 90* turn at 30mph lol no real loss of traction either. My buddies S4 w/ Blizzaks can't do that ;)

daedaestoy
01-21-2011, 07:59 AM
wow thats impressive!! well ill jus have to run this info by her and see what she thinks... ;)

colombian301
01-21-2011, 04:39 PM
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/ctd/2173155585.html

V A4 Life
01-26-2011, 06:19 AM
2001.5 A4 TQMS for under 5K local. Ready when you are http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/2168665908.html

lespaulkid01
01-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Daedaestoy let me know if you get the audi and still need the tranny am also from MD and I know a guy that knows a guy that has alot of b5 trannies of when he used to work for audi back in the day
And also it's easy to find b5 here in Maryland :)

I havent really been able to find much either. i guess im just not searching the right things? im from MD too, i live up in Damascus (although not right now because im at school down at Virginia Tech). the best i can find is a 2001 1.8tM with 113k miles and some work already done to it for $5500. i like the offer but i really want a quattro so i dunno what to do there.

its a nice car if daedaestoy would like to take a look at it. http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/2168979590.html

colombian301
01-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Hey Hope u guys find your car soon...I know the feelin but it will come...I seen this ad but I just wish it was more stock in exterior wise http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/2178687203.html but it's nice :)
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/cto/2177443087.html this one seems nice if you get the price reduce a lil

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/2172693762.html it's would be nice if it had the mileage but overall keep looking in the washginton dc CL cause that's consider the DMV and there are new cars almost everyday

colombian301
01-26-2011, 07:39 AM
wow thats impressive!! well ill jus have to run this info by her and see what she thinks... ;)

Hey he says in the ad he would trade for a nice jeep and who has a nice jeep you do
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/2178687203.html

daedaestoy
01-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Hey he says in the ad he would trade for a nice jeep and who has a nice jeep you do
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/2178687203.html

sweet!thanks ima hit him up... did you say you have some friends with spare quattro trannys laying around? i heed a range sensor\