PDA

View Full Version : Werid dust buster sound from airbox area? V6 30V?

4A Play
01-17-2011, 05:41 AM
Pulled into work 15 minutes ago, turn the car off, started walking away and heard what sounds like a little vacuum running. So I put my ear to the hood and listened, popped the hood, and narrowed it to the air box area. Started poking around and noticed the accessory hose going into the air box had popped off. I reconnected the hose, started the car, turn it off, and the sound is still there.

Any ideas? As far as I know it is still going. I had to get into work or I would have poked around some more.

Thanks!

zrowcool
01-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Second Air Pump. Still has a leak somewhere. its located under the car on the passenger side. 1 of the hoses is either cracked or popped off. take a look at it. in either case, it should only run when you first start the car for like a minute, if its still running afterwards then its an electrical issue. i would check the relay but couldnt tell you which one it is.

4A Play
01-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Thank you sir!

I reconnected the pipe, restarted the car, and its still going. Wouldn't it stop when the car was turned off? Do I need to reset anything?

teamdaraptor
01-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Again, sounds like an electrical issue if you've reconnected the hoses and it's still running. Check the relays like he said. I can't remember the site that had all of the electrical diagrams off the top of my head, but if I find it, I'll edit the post for ya. Helped me out a ton.