PDA

View Full Version : Recalibrating throttle body

SeekB00st
01-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I know you can recalibrate it through vagcom.

However, I know that the ECU will recalibrate it when it recalibrates itself after the car has been off and its lost all defults.

What are the stages to do this?

I'm pretty sure its disconnect battery, touch terminals, let sit for 10 minutes. Place key in ignition and the throttle body will recalibrate it's self. However, this is wrong as it is not working.

awdjunkies
01-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Quick search lead me to this one: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/314769-Help!!!-Throttle-body-adaptation-process?highlight=throttle+body+calibration Hopefully it helps, I would search some more but I am on my way out the door. Good Luck man.

SeekB00st
01-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Good looks those were the steps I was looking for.

SeekB00st
01-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Have your radio code ready (can be found near spare tire). Remove negative cable from battery for ~15min. Place cable back onto battery. Place key in starting position, but don't crank the motor (all lights on dash should be illuminated). Let it sit for ~10 min. Take key out ignition, place back in, and start up.

That's what I was looking for.

awdjunkies
01-12-2011, 08:18 PM
[up] Awesome!!!

Phoenixquattro
01-13-2011, 06:16 AM
You don't need to do any of that. You simply turn the ignition two clicks (one short of starting) and leave it. You will hear the TB re-alligning and re-calibrating itself (its a whining sound).Takes about 30 secs. Once the sound stops its finished. Job done.