PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Coil Pack on 2.8

zephyr125
01-10-2011, 04:11 PM
So I'm about to replace my ignition coil pack on my 2.8 (third time I've had to replace it, first time that I've done it myself though) and was just wondering if there are any tips or things I should know when doing it. It seems pretty straight forward but I just wanted to check and see if there is anything I should know. Thanks.

034Motorsport
01-10-2011, 04:38 PM
So I'm about to replace my ignition coil pack on my 2.8 (third time I've had to replace it, first time that I've done it myself though) and was just wondering if there are any tips or things I should know when doing it. It seems pretty straight forward but I just wanted to check and see if there is anything I should know. Thanks.

Disconnect the negative from the battery anytime you are working with the ignition system, just to be safe. Its quite straight forward otherwise.

Do you have to keep replacing the same one? Or are they different?

zephyr125
01-10-2011, 04:40 PM
The 2.8 engine only has one pack, not individual for each cylinder.

034Motorsport
01-10-2011, 04:46 PM
The 2.8 engine only has one pack, not individual for each cylinder.

I'm still learning my 2.8L 30v differences.

Didn't even realize that is all one piece; I thought you could replace the individual packs.

Are you interested in an aftermarket replacement? I could wire you up a custom adapter harness to run our individual 034EFI High Output coils which have a drastically stronger spark and are much more reliable (plus, you could replace the packs individually in the future). We make a kit for a variety of other cars and it wouldn't be too difficult for me to adapt something for your (and my) car.

zephyr125
01-10-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm still learning my 2.8L 30v differences.

Didn't even realize that is all one piece; I thought you could replace the individual packs.

Are you interested in an aftermarket replacement? I could wire you up a custom adapter harness to run our individual 034EFI High Output coils which have a drastically stronger spark and are much more reliable (plus, you could replace the packs individually in the future). We make a kit for a variety of other cars and it wouldn't be too difficult for me to adapt something for your (and my) car.

That sounds like a great idea, but I already have bought the part. How much more would it be to do an custom one? I'm a broke college student so I'll probably go the cheapest route.

034Motorsport
01-10-2011, 06:08 PM
That sounds like a great idea, but I already have bought the part. How much more would it be to do an custom one? I'm a broke college student so I'll probably go the cheapest route.

Not cheaper then what you already paid, but the next time you need to replace it, hit me up. I was going to do one for my car anyways so by the time you might need one, I can whip it out real quick.

zephyr125
01-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Not cheaper then what you already paid, but the next time you need to replace it, hit me up. I was going to do one for my car anyways so by the time you might need one, I can whip it out real quick.

Alright sweet, I'll remember that for next time, which of course will happen lol.

FNK
01-11-2011, 10:17 AM
What would that kit do of more?
It's not for performance... purely replacement parts?

somebody5788
01-11-2011, 01:51 PM
I want individual coils... purely for aesthetics lmao. Max you should consider attempting to swap to ME7. You could gain EGT's (a major plus when you consider that melting a piston is the primary concern), MAP sensor, run an S4 cluster as plug and play, run an S4 harness with individual coil packs, and write me a DIY lmfao