PDA

View Full Version : CTAPP-detuned?

biketsai
01-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Hola everyone! As some of yall may know, I have had some slight issues with my 71r Elim the past couple months. Mainly, the fact that it doesnt hit full spool early enough. I am running the TAPP 630CC mafless tune, mods in sig, etc etc.

2 of my friends with the exact setup (71r, 630CC TAPP) said that when they got their tune at first it just wasnt all "there". They called TAPP up and sent in their ECU, got it back and the car was a new BEAST. I was just curious is anyone else might have had a similar issue. I have a feeling that if this is true, they may have sent me a detuned setup because I am on stock rods from the description I provided for them.
Anyone, thoughts?

I am going to call TAPP tomorrow to see whats up as well.

TIA
Chris

revolution337
01-09-2011, 07:43 PM
I can't really provide any insight to your dilemma, but why did you go with a mafless tune on an elim setup?

biketsai
01-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Less variables to add to things that could go wrong. Plus I had only heard that a mafless will only mostly make a difference in the idle.

Dan[FN]6262
01-10-2011, 01:49 PM
and part throttle

grillhands
01-10-2011, 03:02 PM
I have ctapp for almost a year now and i never had a problem with it. I went directly to Arnold and he installed everything for me.

JumboBlack1.8
01-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Do you have any logs?

After digging into Maestro7 a good bit, I don't have much faith in Tapp's base OTS files. His generic base file needs a good bit of work to get perfectly dialed in for specific setups.....But without logs, theres no way to advise you what to do

Also, MAF's are definitely crucial. In place of the MAF values, the ECU calculates airmass from the Alpha-N table, which is preset with airmass values corresponding to load and RPM. Unfortunately, Alpha-N doesn't account for air temperature, density, and other characteristics that an MAF would read more accurately. It's crucial for part throttle and idle, and, lets face it, who the hell drives WOT all day long???? Over the summer, I plan on throwing an MAF back into my system, in hopes of smoothing out my part-throttle drivability.

biketsai
01-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Honestly, it seems to idle perfect and pretty much almost at part throttle.

grillhands
01-10-2011, 05:41 PM
I really dont see any difference between my idle or part throttle before i had the tune either.

SR-71
01-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Hola everyone! As some of yall may know, I have had some slight issues with my 71r Elim the past couple months. Mainly, the fact that it doesnt hit full spool early enough. I am running the TAPP 630CC mafless tune, mods in sig, etc etc.

2 of my friends with the exact setup (71r, 630CC TAPP) said that when they got their tune at first it just wasnt all "there". They called TAPP up and sent in their ECU, got it back and the car was a new BEAST. I was just curious is anyone else might have had a similar issue. I have a feeling that if this is true, they may have sent me a detuned setup because I am on stock rods from the description I provided for them.
Anyone, thoughts?

I am going to call TAPP tomorrow to see whats up as well.

TIA
Chris

The good thing about CTAPP tune is that you can customize it to make sure it works on YOUR car. Every sensor will read different on every car, hence there are options to change and play around with to dial in the tune.
Also MAF-less tunes are more finicky, especially in the earlier "wideband" cars. Either way, I'm sure if you call him - he'll be able to straighten it out for ya.

.Mad Hatter.
01-11-2011, 02:25 AM
Do you have any logs?

After digging into Maestro7 a good bit, I don't have much faith in Tapp's base OTS files. His generic base file needs a good bit of work to get perfectly dialed in for specific setups.....

This. Sort of found out the hard way though.

I'm not going to pretend I have even come close to learning the in's and out's of Maestro. I needed my car running for H20 so I had it tuned by my local eurodyne guy. I would suggest taking it to someone who can street tune it to your needs.