PDA

View Full Version : Going with Uni Stage 2 +, TIP question?

waveblaster200
12-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Hey Everyone,

Figured I would take the time to post this as I sit at the airport waiting on my delayed flight. I am going to go with a Uni Stage 2 + file for my 01 A4 TQM. Wanted to see if anyone had any first hand experience with this file. I do have a EVMOS intake. Now I under stand I have to go to the TT MAF, well it so happens 034 sells a new TIP with the TT MAF housing on it. Now how big is the inlet on the K04? I think the inlet on this pipe is 2.5 inches. 034 said to get this TIP to fit you must use another smaller tube over the inlet, is this a good idea? Then what do you suggest I do with the EVMOS intake? OR should I put the filter on the MAF directly? What have some of you done.

Also, I just put new plugs in BKR7Es old Denso plugs were bad. Car pull smoother and feels better overall. I am coming off of a Nuespeed K03 flash so looking forward to the new power. Have a 007 DV, Borla cat back, and upgraded cat, The k04, EVOM intake, and a big SMIC. I understand I am not going to get BAT power but I just make the car a bit zipper, just wanted to see what you guys thought who have had this file. As for injectors does the Bosch 380cc's work good or should I go with the TT 386cc ones. From what I understand either work, but I can get the Bosch's cheaper.

I also just put some Continental Extreme Contact DWs on my 17's yesterday and just did about 100miles highway to the airport and I can say they ride nice and are very quite, cant wait to drive my fun road when I get back.

Happy New Year everyone!

For the TIP with MAF
http://www.034motorsport.com/engine-components-18t-turbo-inlet-hose-25-silicone-longitudinal-18t-tt225-maf-p-18594.html

bigblue
12-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Ko4 opening is small just like ko3... Like a Lil bigger than a quarter. So that wouldn't work.

Doug@FrankenTurbo
12-31-2010, 06:40 PM
That 034 Hose and MAF is a great deal at $195. But you should ensure it's what you need: Unitronic does not typically require a 3" MAF housing for their Stage 2+ file. Not on longitudinal engines. But if I'm wrong, and your particular engine code calls for a file written against the 3" MAF, you would need to find a way to stop down that 034 hose from 2.5" to your turbo's 45mm inlet. They might have adapters there; you should ask.

waveblaster200
01-02-2011, 08:47 AM
I know the File is written against a TT MAF which is 3". So people who are running this file that have to stuff a TT MAF in what have you done? Just take a normal TIP and remove material? Then what about from the MAF to the filter? Is it ok to neck down from the bigger TT MAF to the EVOM intake or is this going to cause turbulent flow going into the MAF?

Doug@FrankenTurbo
01-02-2011, 10:20 AM
... what about from the MAF to the filter? Is it ok to neck down from the bigger TT MAF to the EVOM intake or is this going to cause turbulent flow going into the MAF?

You can find some help with this mod here (http://www.a4mods.com/index.php?page=webcontent/pages/apr3.html) and here (http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317681).

waveblaster200
01-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Hey guys after many phone calls to several shops, and even uni in Canada for the longitudinal engine they do not require the larger Maf. All you need is the flash and the TT 386cc injectors. So my injectors are in the mail and I should be getting flashed end of the week. I will post some pic and what happens later this week. Thanks!