PDA

View Full Version : Front Speaker Blown, Can't Source Replacement

waveblaster200
12-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Good Afternoon,
While wait for my new late x-mas gift for the Audi to show up from UPS. I blew one of my front door speakers a month or two ago and I have been searching and haven't been able to find any. Ive looked in the F/S thread and I keep finding Bose. I need Non-Bose, The car is 01' A4. Seems if I wanted to go aftermarket I need those adapters but they are only sold online in the UK and then you can run 5 1/4 speakers. Looking here on the forums guys get the adapters but don't list what speakers they are going with. It seem like the depth of the speaker matters, Ill be happy with just another stock speaker to stuff back in there, but if needed I would be interested in replacing both front ones if its not to much hassle. Looking for any input. Thank you

biketsai
12-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Ive just bought some 5 1/4" speakers and put them right in, had to drill new mount holes though.

J Ozzie
12-30-2010, 11:44 AM
After Market!! Just make sure you buy 2 way speakers as we have tweeters.

On Crutchfield.com it says we have 4" door speakers.

guy022077
12-30-2010, 12:00 PM
i likely have some, PM me what you need and an address i have 2.75 interiors laying around.

thegoodhumorman
12-30-2010, 01:59 PM
I am certain I have 2 of them. Send me a PM and we will talk.

A4Shizzle
12-30-2010, 10:30 PM
I took mine out to upgrade and went with 5.25" Nakamichi's. I think the 5.25's will give you the best sound for the effort, but it really isn't that easy to install them. I ended up having to cut a small piece of metal off the door behind the panel. Cutting and custom adapters are required if you don't want to order the UK ones (I hear they aren't that great anyway). 4" speakers would be easier to install, but still a custom job as I'm sure you know. I took some pics of the install, if there's interest I can make a new thread for it.

If you are set on staying stock I have the old set that will never go back in my car...