PDA

View Full Version : Subs in trunk...change camber setting?

scooter44
03-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Im building a box to go in the trunk of my '96 2.8 Q. I estimated that it will be around 100 lb's.

I just upgraded my suspension and dropped the car around 2 inches. Obviously the car drops around another .25-.5 inches with the subs in the trunk. My question is, when i go for wheel/camber alighnment shuold i leave the subs in the trunk? or take them out?

This will be a semi-permanant system. Will this system effect the camber of my car?

Scott

4ingDrive
03-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Not enough to make a difference. Otherwise adding cargo and passengers would throw it off too.

scooter44
03-09-2005, 07:41 PM
good point.... But i thought since it was a permant mod..

I guess ur right it wont make a difference..

Monchichi8
03-09-2005, 10:00 PM
good thinking ahead, but I don't think it will make a big difference.

scooter44
03-09-2005, 10:19 PM
alright thanks. hahaha...monchichi8 nice picture in ur sig.

I remember i used that picture for one of my school projects last year.
defenatley earned a laugh.

nramsey
03-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by 4ingDrive
Not enough to make a difference. Otherwise adding cargo and passengers would throw it off too.

Adding cargo and passengers DOES affect camber and toe as well. I'm not sure how much it's affected in the A4, but in my Miata when I sit in the car I get another 0.3 degrees of camber on the driver side and toe in the rear would move a bit...which is why most race shops who align cars will balast the car as they are normally driven.

Camber and toe both change in relation to wheel travel, how much depends on the suspension design, but it will change.

I doubt you'd feel the difference though unless you were very accustomed to driving your car right on the edge. The subs will likely affect both sides of the car the same though, so it's really no big deal.

scooter44
03-09-2005, 11:25 PM
ok thanks.