PDA

View Full Version : Locking Issue

NorCal1.8T
12-23-2010, 07:18 PM
I dont have a key fob so i use my oem valet key for the car ever since i bought it. I vag'd the car so with one turn of a key all my door open as well as the trunk. Today, i go to unlock the car, my side unlocks but the rest of the doors and trunk stay locked. I unlock/lock again a few times, finally get everything to open. Then 10 seconds later, the doors and trunk lock, and this has never happened before. My door never unlock/lock unless i personally turn the key. I also have had the problem where the trunk wont open, i keep unlocking/locking a few times and it finally does. Then, there is also the whining unlock sound coming from the pump inside the trunk by the fuel cap side. It DOESNT ALWAYS happen, but out of the five times i drove the car today, this happened twice. The pump would whine for about 1-2min then stop.

The entire problem above doesnt always happen, only every other time. I went shopping, locked my car, came back, and it was unlocked, all four doors. Is the pump in the rear gone? Is it the system?

A4Shizzle
12-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Check for water around the pump and control module. I just ran into this exact problem and I think someone else posted about it too. With all the rain we've been getting it's not too surprising.

NorCal1.8T
12-24-2010, 02:17 PM
control module is iin the same spot?

A4Shizzle
12-25-2010, 05:42 PM
There's a module built into the pump housing. It's all in the same place in the right corner of the trunk under the little stash bin and paneling. Lmk if your in the SJ area and I can help you out.

NorCal1.8T
12-26-2010, 12:11 AM
ok will do thanks!

NorCal1.8T
02-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Still the same problem, checked for water in the central locking pump, there isnt any. Using my only key which is the valet, when i go to unlock the car from outside, the lock wont let me turn to unlock, it actually pushes my key in the other direction. I noticed that the light on the alarm flashes rapidly instead of the usual slow pulse, i dont know if thats an indicator. The alarm locks/unlocks, goes off, whenever it wants to.

NorCal1.8T
02-05-2011, 11:23 AM
ALSO, windows roll up/down randomly.

A4Shizzle
02-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Your module could be fried. I think it's either that or some major electrical gremlins. When you checked the pump did you notice any signs that water could have been on the circuit board? Did you notice any discoloration from heat? I think some of the older cars also had an additional module under the seat, but idk about the newer b5s. Do you have vag-com? You could try scanning the central locking for fault codes. Either that or swap out the pump/module with a known good one to test. Maybe someone else can chime in here with suggestions.

NorCal1.8T
02-05-2011, 11:14 PM
I have vag-com ill scan for CL pump codes.