PDA

View Full Version : Bumping in an Audi must not be possible.

jdaudi
12-21-2010, 07:51 PM
I still have yet to find anything on hooking up a sub to an audi MMI. Nobody on any forum (that i have seen) has hooked up a sub to the MMI. What I mean by that, is tap into the MMI wiring and be able to control the bass using the already built in bass controls. Somehow it feeds the bass to some type of sub in the back and the door speakers (smaller bose subs?)? I'd like to control the bass through the MMI, or in the worst case just have a sub in the back to bump a little bit? I have posted on other forums and nobody seems to know anything about it.

ROUGHEDGES
12-21-2010, 08:40 PM
look into the audison bit one. Rockford and jbl make a unit like this also. They are expensive though

jdaudi
12-21-2010, 08:48 PM
I have all the equipment. I don't have a headunit spot mine is built in and I got the nav. I just want to have my sub back.

Greddy87
12-21-2010, 09:12 PM
I have a sub, in my 2010 A3.. JL W3, 10 inch.. I kept the stock concert deck.. I like how everything is flush and clean.. upgraded to a Cache DSP-Digital Signal Processor, JL includes a bass control knob with it, and I bought a JL 250 slash series amp.. Kept door speakers stock.. Might upgrade in couple years.. With this setup.. I can control the bass for my stock speakers with the stock concert deck, but the bass increases a bit on the sub a bit.. Thats where controlling the bass knob connected to the amp comes to play.. :)

jdaudi
12-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Well I have the built in everything type MMI. Audi gives you no connections to anything anywhere so I dont even know where to begin. I have a RE Audio 12" and Hifonics Brutus bxi1680. Bumps nice. I guess there is a stock amp? I was told my car has a built in amp, (of course proprietary wiring) a small sub type enclosure in the rear deck and 12 speakers located around the car? It sounds pretty sweet when I do surround sound tests and turn the DSP Bose up to surround front. Bose actually make a nice setup I never cared for them before. I pulled my brand new sub and amp from my old car and it's been sitting because I don't where to tap into.

I'm also a bit worried about shaking the shit out of the computer in the back?

jdaudi
12-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Anybody?

SilverBullet
01-01-2011, 08:05 AM
i got a amp and sub hooked up to my car, i tried to do it myself with a friend we tried to find a remote wire and we couldnt find anything so i ended up taking it to a local shop and i had them wire it all up for me. Instead of running the bass of the mmi unit i ran a base control wire and mounted it on the right side of my steering wheel. The car doesnt like bass that much though, everything seems to rattle and i put a good amount of dynomatt. Not like my A8, I had 2 13.5 jl w3's in my old car no dynomatt and it never rattled at all. just something to think about lol. But as far as a pin out diagram i couldnt help ya cuz i have no idea, i looked online for weeks couldnt find any write ups. so my suggestion is just spend a few extra bucks have somebody local do it and it will save u alot of stress.

zer verruckt
01-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Call Tyler at Dubsquared in Texas. He likely knows the solution. 817 277 5593 dubsquared.net

jdaudi
01-02-2011, 08:03 PM
I hate having someone else doing work i know how to do. i know how to wire everything to perfection, its just the integration problem. If an audio shop knows how to do it, why does nobody on here do it. And yeah I know they don't like to be shaken haha. I want it there for a little more bump than the bose puts out. I searched and searched, nobody has cracked the code yet and I just think that's insane.

SilverBullet
01-03-2011, 09:38 PM
I hate having someone else doing work i know how to do. i know how to wire everything to perfection, its just the integration problem. If an audio shop knows how to do it, why does nobody on here do it. And yeah I know they don't like to be shaken haha. I want it there for a little more bump than the bose puts out. I searched and searched, nobody has cracked the code yet and I just think that's insane.

I know what your sayin dude, trust me i didnt want to spend the money i did to have them wire it up. i could have used that money lol. It is just so tough with this new mmi setup.

jdaudi
01-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Well if audio shops can do it why can't we. It can't be that hard. Anyone here work at an audio shop?