PDA

View Full Version : rear speakers size?

IndieRockSteve
03-09-2005, 07:23 AM
car domain has a set of infinity speakers on sale, 6.5". Would these fit as rears?

http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFREF6002I?ref=deal

thanks

s4speed
03-09-2005, 07:34 AM
you could make 6.5" work. IMO, i made an amp board that was under the rear deck and fastened them there. That way I could put tweeters in the original spot on an abs plate. Go components if you can.

Zodiak
03-09-2005, 08:19 AM
components for the rear? why? they're just there for rear fill. Unless you really care about your back seat passengers then i'd skip on components for the rear and spend more on a better set of fronts. And If you're running a sub, i'd say lose the rear speakers all together

Brrman
03-09-2005, 09:33 AM
components for the rear? why?

Uh - those are not components. I just used some 5.25" 2-way coaxial Hifonics speakers for my rear doors. All my good sound is up front. Sounds awesome. I am one of those guys that actually likes rear fill.

Zodiak
03-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Brrman
Uh - those are not components. I just used some 5.25" 2-way coaxial Hifonics speakers for my rear doors. All my good sound is up front. Sounds awesome. I am one of those guys that actually likes rear fill.

Originally posted by s4speed
Go components if you can.

Monchichi8
03-09-2005, 01:34 PM
If you can afford....do seperates front and rear, if not use a good set of coax speakers for the rear!...And if you use a sub, you are still going to need speakers for rear fill,that way its balanced! I reccomend MBQuartz all around or look into JL's line of mid's and hi's. Also use a good amp, you speakers can only be as good as your amp.

Zodiak
03-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Monchichi8
And if you use a sub, you are still going to need speakers for rear fill,that way its balanced! not if you have a good set of components up front and a good sub. that rear fill is just for the rear seat passengers so it doesn't sound like everything is up front. As the driver those rear speakers mean little to nothing for you.

Monchichi8
03-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Zodiak
not if you have a good set of components up front and a good sub. that rear fill is just for the rear seat passengers so it doesn't sound like everything is up front. As the driver those rear speakers mean little to nothing for you.

I understand what you are say but I totaly DISAGREE. think about surround sound. Remember BALANCED is key.

Zodiak
03-09-2005, 04:04 PM
for movies. for music, the sub will take car of all the lows just fine. and it's not like the rear speakers are aimed at the front passengers, they are aimed at the rear window so the sound fills the back.

4ingDrive
03-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Rear fill.[rolleyes]
Stereo music is mixed in two channel. Why would anyone that cares about accurate reproduction add rears to ruin the imaging and soundstage? The only reason I would add rears is for passengers. I would also have the capability to fade off them when no one is back there so I can enjoy my music the way it was mixed...in two channel.

Monchichi8
03-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 4ingDrive
Rear fill.[rolleyes]
Stereo music is mixed in two channel. Why would anyone that cares about accurate reproduction add rears to ruin the imaging and soundstage? The only reason I would add rears is for passengers. I would also have the capability to fade off them when no one is back there so I can enjoy my music the way it was mixed...in two channel.

Well thank you for the lesson on sound reproduction and imaging ....But nowadays we put DVD players, Direct TV, play staions,just not tape decks with 2 channel mixed songs.Agreed?...If you ask me put rear fill in, better to have and be able to use then not at all. JMO..

4ingDrive
03-10-2005, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Monchichi8
Well thank you for the lesson on sound reproduction and imaging ....But nowadays we put DVD players, Direct TV, play staions,just not tape decks with 2 channel mixed songs.Agreed?...If you ask me put rear fill in, better to have and be able to use then not at all. JMO..

Wow, I guess I must have missed something then. I didn't see him post anything about using a multi channel source unit.[rolleyes]

Also if you were paying attention you'd notice I was talking about "rear fill" a term made popular by the autosound industry to justify the use and sales of rear speakers. I was not talking about rear channels(multi channel) which Steve didn't even bring up.

Monchichi8
03-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by 4ingDrive
Wow, I guess I must have missed something then. I didn't see him post anything about using a multi channel source unit.[rolleyes]

Also if you were paying attention you'd notice I was talking about "rear fill" a term made popular by the autosound industry to justify the use and sales of rear speakers. I was not talking about rear channels(multi channel) which Steve didn't even bring up.

LMAO>>>> ...Arguing almost about the same thing.. And your right, I guess I wasn't paying attention, thank you for keeping me in line...So you have my humbelest appoligies for I just learned how to read yesterday.[rolleyes]

P.S. Still get rear speakers..you will be glad you did.

Rieger_RS4
03-10-2005, 11:43 AM
I my self go for sound quality. Infinity Perfect 6.1 in the back and Perfect 5.1 for the front and it sound awesome, running 100rms per channal...those things scream!!!!

s4speed
03-10-2005, 05:46 PM
alpine type x's kick ass

Audi1.8t
03-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Now if you really want good sound skip 2 way seperates and get 3 way seperates. so up front you will have a 6 inch that you will need custome kick pannels made for then replace the 4 inchers in the door and the tweets. go with MBquartz, Focal, or infinity.. this is what i run and i dont run any speakers in the back, i do however have two 12inch subs MBquarz. and all this sounds very very clean. you want good sound quality skip all the big booming base crap you arent driving a Honda. remember sound quality pay more now and you will like them better in the long run.

Rieger_RS4
03-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Audi1.8t
Now if you really want good sound skip 2 way seperates and get 3 way seperates. so up front you will have a 6 inch that you will need custome kick pannels made for then replace the 4 inchers in the door and the tweets. go with MBquartz, Focal, or infinity.. this is what i run and i dont run any speakers in the back, i do however have two 12inch subs MBquarz. and all this sounds very very clean. you want good sound quality skip all the big booming base crap you arent driving a Honda. remember sound quality pay more now and you will like them better in the long run.

I used to have 2 15" DVQ Type Rs and two M500 amps and I couldnt even turn it up 1/3 of the way.......I'm over the whole loud thing.....now I go for the quality.......top of the like Infinity separates, amps and a top of the line single 12" sub which is still wy too loud...

3 way components are going to run you a pretty penny for good ones

Monchichi8
03-10-2005, 11:03 PM
I ran a 3 way seperate set -up, up fornt..JL 8in mid bass driver, OZ 5.1/4 mid and 1 in dome tweeters...all running off my JL amp bridged 150 x 2 through MB Quartz comp crossovers...was sweet!...nice way to go.