PDA

View Full Version : Boost issues, P0106code,fun.

Ketamine1
12-21-2010, 12:57 PM
So I put in a 71Elim with uni 630CC file and it's over boosting like a mofo. The spool looks 2 be normal for the turbo. The wastegate moves smoothly, the N75 is hooked up properly,etc. I get have no vac/boost leaks as tested on a pro smoke machine. When it's cold the car starts right up no problem, but pulling away from low RPM's and when I go to re-engage the clutch after changing gears and get back on the gas the car shudders and sputters a couple of seconds b4 going like normal again. It does this for maybe the first 5 minutes of driving, but it's really noticeable the first minute or 2. Also during the first 5 minutes or so and a couple of times while warm if I push the clutch in and put it in neutral coming 2 a stop it the revs will fall to 1400RPM hang there for a couple of seconds b4 slowly going back to a normal idle. Here's the thing, normal idle is butter smooth, the tach doesn't even bounce at all.
Now on to the warm and under boost issues, the car will boost 30 PSI in 1st or 2nd gear(tried ripping through gears after install, then glanced at boost gauge and shut it down quick) It's really producing the boost and it's not a gauge error as it blew my intercooler pipes off a couple of times until I put good and proper fittings on em. In 5th gear it will go up 2 only 25PSI. Now your probably thinking wow 30PSI must be fast as heck, but it's not. The engine has 0 power below 4,000RPM and very little power even after that. The K04 would run rings around it. It's boosting normally until the overboost, but it's not producing any power period. It will occasionally throw the code P0106. I drive it gently and avoid boost as the issue can put a rod threw the block quickly. It's not the Wastegate I don't think, the N75 was working fine on my old turbo and is hooked up correctly maybe it's bad, maybe not. The car is boosting, but it just doesn't stop and has 0 power. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hercfe
12-21-2010, 01:36 PM
MAF? Did you use a bigger MAF housing? Did you do a boost leak check?

Ketamine1
12-21-2010, 02:23 PM
MAF? Did you use a bigger MAF housing? Did you do a boost leak check?

Forgot 2 add mafless tune, and yes I smoked it at my friends shop and there are no leaks.

walky_talky20
12-21-2010, 04:47 PM
I'd log the boost and n75 duty cycle and look at fuel trims to start. You may want to go to a manual boost controller in this case, as well. It is kind of sounding like an issue with the tune, or a related problem like wrong injectors or wrong fuel pressure. If you are sure those are correct, I'd get the boost thing figured out first, then see if runs any better.

dcampana
12-22-2010, 02:31 PM
^^ i agree with walky, as i think it might be an issue with the tune. is this a new tune? or did you buyit used? i run a MBC parallel on my 71r kit, just as a reference.

a4_1.8t_01
12-22-2010, 08:00 PM
I had a similar problem with my car. I had a bad n75 and would over boost.