PDA

View Full Version : Camber issues in rear

xdewaynex
12-18-2010, 11:43 PM
This might sound a little dumb, but Ive never dealt with this problem before, as I had a bagged truck in the past, and only had to deal with front Negative Camber. Since I lowered my car this past Summer, I never had the car aligned. With lots of rain, and even the snow/slush we have been getting, the rear end of my car gets a little side to side action. I was thinking it had to do with where I havent had it aligned, and it seems to cause it to lose a bit of traction. I never had the problem until I lowered it. Car is awd and the tires are all seasons with pretty good tread on them.

thegoodhumorman
12-19-2010, 08:30 AM
http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis-components-audi-a4s4-control-arm-pair-motorsport-rear-b4-and-b5-p-19575.html

Make sure to take it to the most reputable place you can think of. Tires are expensive and it is better to fork up the money for a good alignment than buy new tires.

xdewaynex
12-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Damn, I hope its not too late to add these to my list to Santa.

dmaize
12-19-2010, 11:01 PM
i replaced a rear bearing and if i hit a big bump it will slide to the right. i want to know too.

Seerlah
12-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Not to state the obvious, but why not just get an alignment? I do it everytime I change the height of my vehicle (coilovers). If you want to save, Firestone has lifetime alignment changes for like $200. Get them as many times as you want.

The rear of our vehicle have a camber bolt for adjustment, while the fronts don't. The adjustable ones aren't really needed, noor necessary. They are geared for more track oriented purposes, where people "want" extra rear camber. Until you are dropped enough where the alignment guys says he can't get it right due to you being too low, then you don't need the 034 units.

xdewaynex
12-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Ive been telling myself to get one for a while, but just havent. I also wasnt sure if the camber was causing my problem, so I decided to post it up here where I could get a real answer. Thats good to hear that the adjustable upper control arms for the rear arent necessary.

bryanheisergb
12-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Not to state the obvious, but why not just get an alignment? I do it everytime I change the height of my vehicle (coilovers). If you want to save, Firestone has lifetime alignment changes for like $200. Get them as many times as you want.

The rear of our vehicle have a camber bolt for adjustment, while the fronts don't. The adjustable ones aren't really needed, noor necessary. They are geared for more track oriented purposes, where people "want" extra rear camber. Until you are dropped enough where the alignment guys says he can't get it right due to you being too low, then you don't need the 034 units.

where is the camber adjusting bolt?

mholme
12-21-2010, 11:10 AM
where is the camber adjusting bolt?

Lower control arm has an eccentric bolt to adjust camber.