PDA

View Full Version : I hear noises.

A4drei
12-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Alright so ive been having this for a while. when im driving, There is a constant noise coming from the front right of my car. when im driving on a straight road, its there. when i turn a to the right the noise goes away till im driving straight again. when i turn to the left, the noise just gets very loud. tryin to get rid of it. what could it be? Wheel bearing?

dumpedb5
12-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Could you be more specific noise wise? Is it a clunk or a whine or a whistle?

A4drei
12-16-2010, 02:18 AM
Its like a rotational sound. faster i go the faster the noise procedes.... makes sense. im not really sure how to describe it. there are pauses between each rotation of the wheel i guess. eh im thinking its the bearing. ill pull it apart tomorrow.

somebody5788
12-16-2010, 06:00 AM
Classic wheel bearing symptoms. When you load up your right front wheel it gets louder when you unload it it gets quieter.

Could have easily found this in a simple search

Ldiaz12
12-16-2010, 06:05 AM
I remember when my wheel bearing went.... Yea it's an annoying whirring sound and as speeds increase so the does the sound.

h4robkr123
12-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Wait until it gets so bad it starts grinding, that's an even better sound.

car_nut
12-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Deff sounds like a wheel bearing has gone bad. Swap them both out if your changing one. Do both sides and call it a day.

A4drei
12-16-2010, 05:01 PM
It was. took it apart. i barely touched the bearing and it fell apart.
Now finding a new one. alright so, ive been calling around at auto stores. They are saying there is a First design, and a second design. And i need the production date of the car but i cant find it.
I have the 1996 audi a4q v6

colombian301
12-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Man I order mine from them and theses are the best to go with just pick which ones are for you car.

http://www.blauparts.com/products2.asp?cat=920

A4drei
12-17-2010, 05:36 PM
haha damn, i just did the thing where you put the abs sensor before the axle and that is now screwed. great.

EuroDriven
12-18-2010, 06:53 AM
You can get a used abs sensor for around 25$ on vortex.

A4drei
12-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Found one at a local audi junk yard. $30 isnt to bad.

BlackLock_A4
12-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Its like a rotational sound. faster i go the faster the noise procedes.... makes sense. im not really sure how to describe it. there are pauses between each rotation of the wheel i guess. eh im thinking its the bearing. ill pull it apart tomorrow.

Well wait, how fast are you going when you hear the sound? On the hwy or still in 1st gear? It could be the rotor, or a break pad hanging up if it's only at slow speeds.
Sorry, I didn't read all the responses if it's already went over.

A4drei
12-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks blacklock for tryin! it was the bearing. I changed it and the noise was gone.
-The noise progressively got louder while speeds increased.

Taudi
12-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Thanks blacklock for tryin! it was the bearing. I changed it and the noise was gone.
-The noise progressively got louder while speeds increased.

good,even i had a simialr problem but i wasnt aware of the actual fault.Thanks ...[:)]

A4drei
12-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah i kinda neglected to fix it for a while. Then noise was to loud and annoying.

Cristisor
05-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Hi guys.

As I didn't want to open a new thread about noises, and after reading about 15 posts related to noises, I decided to write my problem inside this thread.

Until last week I had a bad wheel bearing on the front-right that was making my car sound like a jet after 30 miles/h and I changed it. The rear bearings have been changed 2 months ago on both wheels.

Last week, when the front bearing was changed, the ABS sensor was pushed inside too much and it was crushed when reassembling everything back, so this might be the cause of the noise, because I am still waiting for the new ABS sensor.

I can hear the noise even if the clutch is in idle position, while going over 30 miles/h, but I can't hear it when the car is idling, no matter how much I push the gas pedal. It's the same noise when I turn the wheel and when I go on a straight road.

I added 2 videos, maybe someone can guess my problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBJKTNLpHkk - noise starts after second 12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HJkqDj-J1c - noise starts after second 12 and after second 17 is quite loud

Please help me because it's killing my brains :)

Cristisor
05-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Back with news after a trip to the dealer. It looks like the rear right bearing is on it's way out even though the bearing has been replaced with a brand new F.A.G. bearing only 2 months ago and has less than 500 miles :(