PDA

View Full Version : Evolution Motorsports stage I

advanracing62
03-08-2005, 07:17 AM
I broke down and figured it's time to add some power to the 1.8t- looked around for a good price to chip her, and I found EMS- No, I'm not advertising for them, but they do seem to have a decent price for chipping.
Then I came upon the tuning packages- Level I it is for me. I've got a friend that can make an exhaust for me for next to nothing so, I'll get to that later this season.
I'll put up a quick review for those that want to know. Install looks to be super easy, shouldn't take more than 30 min max.

IndieRockSteve
03-08-2005, 10:36 AM
I've got their FMIC. nice design, crap install procedure. luckily my shop engineered a better method. pricey, but when they told me what EMS wanted to do I was willing to spend the money to get it installed nicely.

Monchichi8
03-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by IndieRockSteve
I've got their FMIC. nice design, crap install procedure. luckily my shop engineered a better method. pricey, but when they told me what EMS wanted to do I was willing to spend the money to get it installed nicely.

Please go into further detail...this is the FMI that I would like.

A4Rob
03-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by IndieRockSteve

I didn't have too many problems installing my EVOMS FMIC. Besides for hacking the **** out of the inside bumper[rolleyes]

All in all it went on smooth and seems to work. After a hard run I fell both end tubes. One is always hot and the other is cold. So, I guess it is doing its job

bitterchild
03-09-2005, 11:25 AM
nice ghetto ass IAT readings there rob :p

A4Rob
03-09-2005, 12:58 PM
You know it! I do have a laser temp reader thing (dont know what the technical name is)

I will use that sometime

pbAudi
03-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Yea i would like to know how the install goes and how the car feels after their stage 1. does anyone have the evo dv already? is it as nice as forge or baileys?

A4Rob
03-09-2005, 01:56 PM
I have their DV. I love it. With my Turbo upgrade it sounds like a Greddy BOV. haha. But with a stock turbo It sounds very similar to Forge

advanracing62
03-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Well install was super easy- still have to install the DV as I was pressed for time- I have a CEL now, but that may be becuase of the MAF- not sure yet- I'll play with it this weekend and see where I get-

4ingDrive
03-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by pbAudi
Yea i would like to know how the install goes and how the car feels after their stage 1. does anyone have the evo dv already? is it as nice as forge or baileys?

I have it too. Nice design.

IndieRockSteve
03-10-2005, 09:18 AM
well, first they want you to mount it flush against the radiator. bad idea considering rubbing issues. so they put a spacer, required a little more front bumper removal, but since your gunna have to do that anyway...
theres also an airpump thingy you have to move in order to get the air line through its stock position. apparently (at least on my car) they want you to move it to behind the engine and run a 6foot hose over the engine. f-that. my shop took their mounting bracket, modified it and moved it from its stock position a little to allow for the fmic hose. its also easier to get at and remove if ever needed than even the stock position, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

that said. the construction of the fmic itself is very good, and from what people that have done actual measurements, this is one of the better engineered fmic's.