PDA

View Full Version : AWM cyl 1 mis coilpack wiring harness

B5RiceEater
12-08-2010, 05:41 PM
So i finally brought a scanner , genuine audi coil packs and spark plugs, cleared all the codes and still cylinder 1 misfire....i took a look at the coil pack wiring harness and i noticed cylnder 1 wires are cracked the **** up ouch, im pretty sure some of u awm guys ran into this same problem, i've done a bit of research and see that they only sell the harness for the vw 1.8t ... In the condition my wiring harness is in i feel if i touch it it will crack in my hands lol, so i dont realklly want to just cut out the wire and solder back to the connecter the whole harness must go, if i chose to buy the vw wiring harness how would i have to fabricate it to make it compatible with my AWM harness?

B5RiceEater
12-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Any info anyone?

walky_talky20
12-09-2010, 08:36 AM
It is just 4 wires per coil. Just match them up and you're good to go. The wire colors are different, but just use a meter to figure it out. A Jetta wiring diagram might help too. Make sure to use shrink tubing on your solder joints to keep the corrosion out.

B5RiceEater
12-10-2010, 11:06 AM
It is just 4 wires per coil. Just match them up and you're good to go. The wire colors are different, but just use a meter to figure it out. A Jetta wiring diagram might help too. Make sure to use shrink tubing on your solder joints to keep the corrosion out.

I understand that i feel if i tamper with the harness its gonna deteriorate

flashburn
12-10-2010, 12:57 PM
The 1.8t re-wire harness will do what you need, especially if it is only CYL1 You'll have the proper gauge wires and connections. It is important to solder it and shrink wrap it. Flux will also help things bond.

terraflata
12-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I understand that i feel if i tamper with the harness its gonna deteriorate

He meant on your new harness that you will have to buy since this one will deteriorate.