PDA

View Full Version : Rear crank seal and Input shaft seal (aeb)

ricekikr
12-06-2010, 01:29 AM
CAR: 97 1.8tqm (aeb)

Where's the best place to get em both?

ECS has them both but is more expensive than any other store = $53.65 for both shipped
MJM has the Rear main seal but not the input shaft seal = $35 for the rear main seal shipped
Rockauto - also has them both, but the the input shaft seal brands is unknown to me (National / Timken) = $39.62 shipped

Prices are for Victor Reinz rear main seal shipped to California.

Does the Victor Reinz rear main seal already come with the gasket that goes in between the main seal and block (part# 026103161B)? Nobody seems to sell it?

EuroDriven
12-06-2010, 01:42 PM
I have a rear main seal I bought to put in but I never did and should sell it instead of having it sit around. PM me if you are interested, I can grab the part # off the box, but I got it for a 1998 b5 a4 AEB 1.8tqm.

Scotty@Advanced
12-06-2010, 01:45 PM
CAR: 97 1.8tqm (aeb)

Where's the best place to get em both?

ECS has them both but is more expensive than any other store = $53.65 for both shipped
MJM has the Rear main seal but not the input shaft seal = $35 for the rear main seal shipped
Rockauto - also has them both, but the the input shaft seal brands is unknown to me (National / Timken) = $39.62 shipped

Prices are for Victor Reinz rear main seal shipped to California.

Does the Victor Reinz rear main seal already come with the gasket that goes in between the main seal and block (part# 026103161B)? Nobody seems to sell it?

I stock the input shaft seal, it's $6.50. the rear main seal i can order it's $19.50 for the seal only if you want the seal/plate/gasket its quite a bit more. shipping is ~7.00 vis usps priority mail.