PDA

View Full Version : After installing my apr tip

fbdohc
12-04-2010, 10:45 AM
I just installed my apr tip, and while i was doing it i was checking at my hoses for cracks
I have a flashed computer and i know that before, i could peak at 18 sometimes 19 but now it peaks at 15
I know you'll tell me to do a leak test and i will
But what are the symptom of a broken
N75 ? Because sometime i notice after restarting my car , it pulls harder....

And also after installing the tip, i have that little tube lef that goes to the sai , what do you guys do with that ?

And my last question, ive notive that after removing the big oem air box, theres almost nothing under it, and putting a filter in the middle of nowhere, during the winter or heavy rain, i guess that whater could pass therr am i right? What do
You guys put under the air filter to
Protect it?

Seerlah
12-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Not sure what people place under the filter, if anything. But you place a little 1" cone filter on the tube going to the SAI.

6berry
12-04-2010, 03:44 PM
you could try to bypass your n75 and go directly from the intake manifold to the dv. (if im thinking of the correct valve?)
you dont really need to put anything under it to protect from the rain but lots of people will argue against that
most people put a small cone filter for the sai like he said ^^

Seerlah
12-04-2010, 04:08 PM
^Different valve. The n75 serves as a boost controller/regulator and is plugged into the tip, with one hose going to the wastegate of the turbocharger and the other coming from the boost pressure source (compressor barb fitting) on the turbo. The valve you are referring to is located under the intake manifold. I am not even sure of it's purpose, but people do bypass this valve by running a loop vacuum hose on the valve, then running a direct line from the IM to dv.

fbdohc
12-05-2010, 11:56 AM
I didnt talk about any other valve than the n75 ? what are you talking about ? lol

Nateness
12-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I have a flashed computer and i know that before, i could peak at 18 sometimes 19 but now it peaks at 15
I know you'll tell me to do a leak test and i will
But what are the symptom of a broken
N75 ? Because sometime i notice after restarting my car , it pulls harder....

I had the same issue when I installed my ER TIP. Turns out that there was a major restriction between the N75 and the intake pipe. I installed the N75 in a location that was less restrictive and I went from peaking at 13 PSI to peaking at 20 PSI.

fbdohc
12-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I replace all the plug and hoses the same way it was on the oem TIP, i dont understand why the n75 would be more restrictive if it's at the same place

What would happen if i replace the n75 by a T fitting ? Would it be an infinite boosting haha ?