PDA

View Full Version : HKS EVC EZ-II Question...

discontained
12-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Is anyone running this? I just got one minus the Electronic Valve Controller. I have the box with the dials just missing the connections and wiring. Does anyone know where I could pick one up from? I dont want to have to buy another unit.

Also if you have one can you explain which one on the back is the power connector? I want to see if it works (there is 3 slots for connections

this is what it looks like on the back [. . . .] | [. . .] | [..] { []} that last one is the switch for the wastegate // internal / external.

Thanks!

hercfe
12-04-2010, 05:02 AM
you should be able to order them from HKSUSA. That really isn't a great EBC in my opinion. On the back you have I/O for power/ground, MAP pressure switch, and solenoid valve. I believe the solenoid is on the right, the power is the middle, and the pressure sw is on the left, but I can't remember-its been a long time since I've installed one.

terraflata
12-04-2010, 07:23 AM
One of the best EBC's I know of is the APEXI AVC-R, but she's pricey. Usually 600+

hercfe
12-04-2010, 07:27 AM
One of the best EBC's I know of is the APEXI AVC-R, but she's pricey. Usually 600+

I haven't found a piggy back EBC yet that outperforms the AVCR. It is simply amazing. You get what you pay for for sure. The Blitz SBCID isn't bad for the money. World Electronics makes some nice gear too. I used to run a GIZZMO MSIBC on my track car. Very simple-which is sometimes the best thing. Honestly though, I just can't see the point of an EBC anymore with the cheap availability of standalone ECUs and the ease of programming and operating them.

terraflata
12-04-2010, 07:36 AM
I haven't found a piggy back EBC yet that outperforms the AVCR. It is simply amazing. You get what you pay for for sure. The Blitz SBCID isn't bad for the money. World Electronics makes some nice gear too. I used to run a GIZZMO MSIBC on my track car. Very simple-which is sometimes the best thing. Honestly though, I just can't see the point of an EBC anymore with the cheap availability of standalone ECUs and the ease of programming and operating them.

Couldnt have said it better. I suppose EBCs still find their place in certain applications but given what you said I would rather take the 600 for an APEXI unit and invest it into a Standalone. Especially something like the AEM EMS....that Standalone is just limitless with what can be done with it.

Nateness
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
The funny thing is that the Apex'i AVC-R is just a little bit less expensive than my Apex'i Power FC standalone ECU system. Plug and play EMS with my FD is about the same price as their EBC.... makes you wonder what the factory markup must be.

discontained
12-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Well the only reason I asked was cuz I got this pretty much for free minus the wiring and such.

Im not really worried about it to be honest. I just wanted to get the power hooked up :P
Ill check the AVCr out for my 240 project