PDA

View Full Version : rear_spindle_bottom_bolt

a4sleeper
11-30-2010, 04:57 PM
[headbang][headbang]
im trying to remove the rear spindle because my wheel bearing seized up and had no luck trying pop the hub off so i went ahead and got the new spindle w/hub but cant remove the bottom bolt it seems to be stuck in place please help need to fix other car is my gfs v8 hemi too much gas.....
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/KLOWNHOMIE/spindle.jpg

Corrado_Guy
11-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Lube it with penetrating fluid and then use a breaker bar on the bolt and see if you can get it to turn. If this fails take the hammer and see if you can beat it out. If this fails take a cut-off wheel if it will fit or a sawz-all and cut the bolt on each side of the control arm where you can see the bushing and it will all fall out. You may be able to do it with a hack-saw or blade but it would probably take a while.

Castor Troy
11-30-2010, 07:43 PM
yeah, that bolt fucked me too :( i ended up cutting the bolt and the bushing out, and then throwing the spindle away because it was cheaper to get a new spindle and put my bearing in that than replace the bushing

ThatA4T
11-30-2010, 08:02 PM
from the looks of it you probably already bent the bolt on the end sticking out, spray it good then cut the bent part off, the break it loose by turning it as stated above and hit out with hammer and drift

a4sleeper
12-01-2010, 07:15 AM
THANKS FOR FEEDBACK!!!
I first tried banging the bolt off with a hammer... no luck then went ahead and bought the penetrating fluid AGAIN no luck i thought about cutting the bolt but wanted to try "AZ" to have different opinions. I guess im gonna have to cut it off

Corrado_Guy
12-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Have you tried the breaker bar or is the head of the bolt stripped? A breaker bar usually does the trick and if this fails put an extension on the breaker bar (assuming you are using a 1/2" breaker bar or bigger) and got at it, you will break the bolt or loosen it which may help. You can also cut the bolt as flush to the frame member as you can and then drill both ends of the bolt off until you can pull the control arm off. With cutting fluid and good bits it would take a while but it could be done with a drill.

a4sleeper
12-01-2010, 08:38 PM
problem_solved!!!!_bought_a_cut-off_machine_&_cut_the_bolt_with_a_cut-off_wheel_thanks_again!!!!_couldnt_have_done_it_wi thout_"AUDIZINE"