PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Factory Intercooler hoses

AudiTurbo
11-30-2010, 03:27 AM
Just wanted to know if you all thought these were practically the same quailty and are comparable to samco and forge. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-A4-Passat-B5-1-8T-Intercooler-Turbo-Hose-Pipe-Kit-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c175738ddQQitemZ12065 0676445QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Intercooler-Turbo-Hose-Audi-A4-Passat-B5-1-8T-Black-NIB-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb2e197c3QQitemZ26069 9166659QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

awdjunkies
11-30-2010, 03:31 AM
Items were removed, Listing no longer exists.

AudiTurbo
11-30-2010, 03:47 AM
Now try it! thanks!

awdjunkies
11-30-2010, 04:00 AM
I'm trying to find some info for you but the only problem that I would think anyone would run into with buying hoses would be "Fitment."

AudiTurbo
11-30-2010, 04:18 AM
Yeah true! One could be the difference in the two I posted? Price only and quality?

xdewaynex
11-30-2010, 05:06 AM
Ive got the Autobahn kit, I had bought used from a member here. My only complaint, I dont know where the skinny long one goes, and the opening for the diverter valve was extremely tight. Other than those 2 things, no problems at all.

MikeD7
11-30-2010, 07:47 AM
I am willing to bet that these are identical to APR, samco, or forge. My friend had some made for his company and they are all made from the supplier. so they are all identical, just different printing on them

1.8beasT
11-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Ive got the Autobahn kit, I had bought used from a member here. My only complaint, I dont know where the skinny long one goes, and the opening for the diverter valve was extremely tight. Other than those 2 things, no problems at all.

I'm pretty sure it goes between the dv and the tip.

awdjunkies
11-30-2010, 07:51 AM
Well I hope they fit perfectly for you, as some of the C5 crowd had problems with certain hoses not fitting properly from this same company/supplier. Nonetheless the price is justifiable.

AudiTurbo
11-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Are both justifiable though? Or just the Autobahn kit?

Thank you

Mr.Black
11-30-2010, 12:00 PM
i have an ebay kit from china. the lower intercooler are fine. the dv to tip "skinny hose" is completely wrong for my car. i cut it, tried it in both directions etc. nuttin... ended up putting the stock back on. when you compare it side by side you'll see it's way too long and a totally dif shape. the upper intercooler to TB is does not have the correct bend in it but i got it in and it worked but i later swapped it for a "real" samco. got a matching TIP pipe also from china. the turbo to maf is fine the pancake was TIGHT but i squeezed it in same for the N75. BUT my forge DV would not fit AT ALL in the hose i even had to bore out the hose to fit my 710n in there, but the larger flange on the forge DV NO WAY beware of this. i will jump on "real" forge, APR or samco in blue if the price is right. i did see 2-3 psi more boost tho.

flynnr
11-30-2010, 12:19 PM
quick question, if i am still running the stock hose that connects the cold side of the intercooler to the TB/intake, should i upgrade? ha, kinda sounds like a stupid question when i re-read it, but i guess it never crossed my mind... i wonder if i am loosing any performance because of it...

running full frame gt28rs and EVOMS fmic

Nateness
11-30-2010, 12:28 PM
quick question, if i am still running the stock hose that connects the cold side of the intercooler to the TB/intake, should i upgrade? ha, kinda sounds like a stupid question when i re-read it, but i guess it never crossed my mind... i wonder if i am loosing any performance because of it...

running full frame gt28rs and EVOMS fmic

I doubt that you have much to lose. The OEM silicon coupler from the cold side of the IC to the TB is horrendous.

flynnr
11-30-2010, 12:42 PM
yeah true, its basically S shaped for no reason (atleast none that i can see...)

think anywhere just sells this replacement?

Polski
11-30-2010, 03:57 PM
I bought my Samco sport inlet hose off ebay ($75 shipped) and the autobahn88 intercooler hoses kit (100 shipped) also. (both from china)
I bought the cheapest ones from ebay...and everything fit perfectly as far as the intercooler hoses are concerned.
I had to trim my inlet just a bit..no biggie.
Quality wise...both feel the same when applying pressure on them
Don't pay more than 100 shipped for the kit, get the one that is $70 shipped..chances are, it will also be imprinted with autobahn88

Here is what you get in the kit:

http://i54.tinypic.com/1zejk07.jpg