PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day - To Carbon or Not???(Hood)

Still Lost
03-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Ok so my day has not been going that good. Earlier today I'm parked behind my girls Jeep in the driveway and I'm going to work and shes going home. Well she backed into me and dented my hood. I;m not that pissed off b/c what can I do after the fact. So I am gonna have dent wizard take a look at it b/c it's boarderline fixble. If they can't fix it should I just buy a new stock hood or wait a bit and get a carbon fibre one? I have a silver A4 and I have a bit done to the car so I wont be posing to have a fast car etc. What is a good company to buy one from and what are some things I should look for esp b/c I don't want hood pins? Also should the hood pull be sticking out of the little hole at all??When she did it the hood didnt open right away I had to pull on it a bit and I don't remeber being able to see the pull before this???

So then I'm driving home from dinner and one of my door speakers blows out....Yea not a fun day...

So if anyone has a stock or carbon hood in the N.East for sale let me know!!!

HotSauce
03-06-2005, 08:53 PM
I have stock speakers from a 97 if that helps... roberttatefan@gmail.com

Still Lost
03-06-2005, 08:55 PM
^^^Thanks but I'll prolly go w/ Perfects since I have the chance to upgrade [:D]

Quattrocket
03-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Get the carbon fibre one and have two stripes on the side painted on to match the body, they are damn sick looking IMO

Still Lost
03-07-2005, 08:39 AM
^^ nice thats what I was thinking, I think I'll do that in the end!

MKGIY
03-07-2005, 08:39 AM
I think Benfica09 has a stock hood that he will let go of.

Mike

94jedi
03-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Still Lost
Ok so my day has not been going that good. Earlier today I'm parked behind my girls Jeep in the driveway and I'm going to work and shes going home. Well she backed into me and dented my hood. I;m not that pissed off b/c what can I do after the fact. So I am gonna have dent wizard take a look at it b/c it's boarderline fixble. If they can't fix it should I just buy a new stock hood or wait a bit and get a carbon fibre one? I have a silver A4 and I have a bit done to the car so I wont be posing to have a fast car etc. What is a good company to buy one from and what are some things I should look for esp b/c I don't want hood pins? Also should the hood pull be sticking out of the little hole at all??When she did it the hood didnt open right away I had to pull on it a bit and I don't remeber being able to see the pull before this???

So then I'm driving home from dinner and one of my door speakers blows out....Yea not a fun day...

So if anyone has a stock or carbon hood in the N.East for sale let me know!!!

If you like the look of CF and can spend the extra loot on it then do it!!! Silver B5's with CF hoods look nice!

osofast10
03-07-2005, 08:50 AM
go to group buys.. there is a group buy somehwat startin on the bonzer (sp) hoods.. the one that cover up some of the headlights... those to me look 100Xtime better then stock oem c/f hood. and i think they are makign ti in silver c/f so that would look even better in your car. just my 0.02 though

euro3b
03-08-2005, 02:32 PM
You can get a CF hood, depends who makes good quality hoods for the B5. I have a CF hood on my Passat and I love it.

Rich :)

AudiSnawb
03-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I love CF hoods on certain color audis.... I have a silver one (like 80 percent of audi owners) and I want one so bad!!! I think they look hot, and are much lighter for racing purposes... Id say go for it! And get a cheap 50-100 dollar used hood to keep in your garage for when you sell the car and slap it on.... then make money again by selling the CF hood....

azndrunk74
03-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Too bad you weren't local I'd sell you mine.

A4Rob
03-08-2005, 02:50 PM
baaaah, I want a CF hood.

euro3b
03-08-2005, 03:08 PM
http://1.8t.org/~azndrunk74/sigs/s4%20skirt%20sig.jpg

Beautiful car, simply stunning

Rich :)

AudiSnawb
03-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by azndrunk74
Too bad you weren't local I'd sell you mine.
How much are you looking to get for it.... and YES you have one of the sexiest cars on the forums.... Ive told you that before...