PDA

View Full Version : 01' 1.8t coil pack recall - will they replace the harness?

11-20-2010, 12:40 PM
anyone took there 01 a4 1.8t in for the coil pack recall and had the dealer replace the coil pack wireharness for free? i have an apointment for the coil packs to be checked and hopefully replaced but one guy told me no chance on the harness one told me they might and i should wait and see, but the harness is so melted and cracked i dont see how they could even consider replace the coil packs and plugging that mess into them..

just wondering if i should go head and re wire them (i have a new vw 1.8t harness)

Nateness
11-20-2010, 03:43 PM
I doubt that they will touch the harness. If the recall only specifies the coil packs and does not specifically mention the harness, then I wouldn't anticipate that they will replace it without you covering at least some of the cost.

Lowdaily
11-20-2010, 03:48 PM
anyone took there 01 a4 1.8t in for the coil pack recall and had the dealer replace the coil pack wireharness for free? i have an apointment for the coil packs to be checked and hopefully replaced but one guy told me no chance on the harness one told me they might and i should wait and see, but the harness is so melted and cracked i dont see how they could even consider replace the coil packs and plugging that mess into them..

just wondering if i should go head and re wire them (i have a new vw 1.8t harness)

I would'nt go chopping into your loom that could end up turning you away for a coil pack recall dealer ships have every excuse to as you have played with a vital point if there is tell tail signs of you modifying the harness in anyway you could possibly be turned to the door. If i was you do it after your appointment to avoid disappointment. [:)]

11-21-2010, 02:21 PM
i chopped into the loom fixed some sht now i dont have a misfire.. yet to come back at least