PDA

View Full Version : Rim color match...

Kyhai
03-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Hello Fellow Andizine members!

I was wondering if you guys can help me with a color match with my rims.

I just finished patching up my rims, but I need a color match for them.

They are 2001.5 B5 sport package rims, the 225/45 17s. I been going around all day yesturday to find the color, but there wasn't anyone that matches the silver rims I have on.

I have sprayed a primer on it, and have a high gloss clear coat to use, but I need... the matching color. Please don't say silver... there are many silvers out there, I need a paint # or name.

Thank you so much for your time,

Kyhai

Starting
03-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Do you want the silver of the car or the silver of the stock rim? I have heard that no one in the us makes a color to match the stocks exactly. Your car color is LY7W.

Kyhai
03-05-2005, 12:05 PM
hehe my car color is white, I want the stock rim color, if you know what it is, thanks,

Khai

Starting
03-05-2005, 12:22 PM
yea sorry about that. your car is not ly7w that is for a silver car of the same year. don't know why I was thinking your car was silver.
these links might help.
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel7.shtml
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext43.shtml

A4 in SC
03-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Why not take one of the wheels to a paint store or body shop and have them color match some paint for you? That way, you can make sure it's the same color. If and when the time comes, I know that's what I'll do for my CHs. I love the color, and as far as I know, no one knows a paint code for them.

Later,
Mike

Kyhai
03-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks man;

Couldn't have done it without you.

Kyhai

A4 in SC
03-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Not quite sure what you mean. Couldn't tell if you were being serious or sarcastic.

Anyway, if you look above, you could always use several cans of spray paint, if you want to go that route. If not, your best bet would still be to take one of the wheels to a body shop and have them paint match the color.

Kyhai
03-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Na, I wasn't being sarcastic...

Wasn't the price for one wheel around 120 dollars?
Kyhai

A4 in SC
03-08-2005, 01:31 PM
WHAT? Wow! I'd paint them for that! Nah, what I'm talking about is to take one of the wheels to a paint shop (automotive paint store) and have them 'analyze' the color with a DuPont color matcher (or whatever they call it, can't remember the name). This way, they can mix custom paint to match the color on the wheel. At most places, they'll sell it to you in a pint, quart, etc., and some places will even put it in a spray can for you.

Hope this helps!!

kris_tdi
03-08-2005, 02:29 PM
why dont you just paint the 2 on that side, then it doesnt matter.

onemoremile
03-10-2005, 12:16 PM
i got mine sandblasted and powdercoated for $55 each.

look into wurth silver wheel paint. the can says Wurth saBesto Lacquer Spray Special RAL 1930.
i used it on some saab wheels and they turned out great. it also looks great on an xbox case.

OutkastSL
03-10-2005, 01:25 PM
i did the plastikot paint, looks great.