PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket CD player...worth it? Will it f*ck up the computer?

kenji422
11-16-2010, 01:06 PM
My car came with the "Audi Delta" tape deck without the Bose system. The sound is pretty unspectacular, not to mention I can't even listen to cd's or my Ipod. I have a bunch of aftermarket equipment laying around from previous cars I've owned. A Panasonic cd deck with the aux input, and a 800 watt Eclipse 4 channel Amp (competition quality), and some Polk components but not even sure if those will fit.

Now this Audi, I really love this car. I wanna leave her as unmolested as possible, so I decided no bolting of any external amp onto her. But I do wanna replace the antiquated "Audi Delta" tape deck, with the Panasonic.

BUT I hear that, even just installing an aftermarket deck, will make it impossible to utilize the diagnostics system in the car, and the check engine light might come on. I've been reading up the "Vag" issues, but can somebody explain to me IN NOOBY LANGUAGE, what I'm getting into, if I do install the deck? I know how to install the CD deck, I just have no idea how it effects the car's onboard computer.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Euromike
11-16-2010, 01:08 PM
i have aftermarket headunits in both my cars and vag com works fine.

justinp95
11-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Who is telling you this info.... lol

dcampana
11-16-2010, 01:35 PM
^^ x2 here. i have had no issues with diagnostic.

Kyle H
11-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah, just hook it up right and you wont have issues with vagcom. I've had a crappy JVC Arsenal head unit in my car for like 3 years with no issues.

guy022077
11-16-2010, 01:54 PM
that is on the OLD 95 and older K-wire audi/vws where that was a problem. you will be fine.

kenji422
11-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks all you guys for the info!!!! I'll go through with it then!