PDA

View Full Version : best year TT?

bandito_a4
03-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Ive been thinking about getting rid of my a4 and getting a TT.

I had a couple of questions for anyone who can answer them:

Is there any specific year that is better than the rest?

What are the interior and exterior differences if any?

For those that had it for some time....does it have any "specific" problems?

Im either looking at the 225 if the price is right or a lower mileage 180hp. If there is anything else anybody wants to add, it would be helpful.

thanks.

ncttrnl
03-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Not really a best year...

In 2002 they ditched the antenna on the coupe and put in an in-dash cd. Homelink also started coming as an option.

In 2003 thand on the 180 was only tiptronic

I think in 2004 they started offering 18 inch rims from the dealer.

The early TTs didn't have a spoiler had a more touchy/tight suspension but most have been updated under recall to have a spoiler and the new suspension.

There are other differences but I don't know them all. Hopefully other people will fill in the gaps and we'll have a full list.

boxerchip
03-16-2005, 12:07 AM
saw a write up on that suspension issue by top gear... apparlenty an ass load of people wrecked.

TheBlueMartin
03-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by boxerchip
saw a write up on that suspension issue by top gear... apparlenty an ass load of people wrecked.

The TT was so aerodynamically smooth, it would become unstable at speeds in excess of 120mph (Autobahn driving). Many people lost control and several died from the resulting wrecks in Europe.

The recalls to add a spoiler and heavier suspention parts came about because AoA was afraid of its image in North America, even though it had no relavance to our legal drving habits.

Just stick with the 225hp Quattro and you'll be fine.