PDA

View Full Version : car is in the shop once again... yes!

audlman
03-04-2005, 01:47 PM
well not really a yes at all, its making me more angry by the day.
as some of you all know ive brought it into the shop for the leaking problems twice, and so far have had the chain gaskets, valve cover gaskets, cam seals and various parts replaced. and yes... you guessed it, its now in there for the 3rd time! now audi says there is some bullitien out for the oil and oil filters and stuff. im not 100% sure on all of it. What i know is... they flush my oil... put new oil in, run the car at 3k rpms for 30min. flush the oil again and put new in again and replace filters and more gaskets and seals and pans and all kinds of crap. they said it should run like brand new when done. but after running it for the 30 min 3k rpm run, they said they heard a clicking...aka timing belt. they said it had loosened after the 30min run and that they had to tighten that and fix it. i went and check on the car today and they had the bumper off and pieces everywhere... nows here the deal, the first 2 times i went in there and never even brought this bullitein up too me. so this makes me think that they pretty much stiffed my ass on the first $1200, yes you heard me right, $1200! i paid for the 2 times ive been in there for the gaskets and seals. Currently everything that is being done to the car now is being done for free since it was to my inconvience. well yea it is, you all got me on some stuff i appraently didnt even need! well i hate to tell them, but after i get my car back around next tuesday ill be getting more than my car back, im going to get that damn $1200 back too. you just watch. sorry for all the ranting, it just angers me after all this in 1 month.

greengravy
03-04-2005, 01:53 PM
how do you plan on getting your 1200 bones back?!?

audlman
03-04-2005, 01:56 PM
haha long story. we got all this stuff being fixed currently under warranty, and the car is not under warranty. my dad helps, hes really good at that stuff.

Audimarc
03-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Man, this is BBB stuff. I would recommend you filing a complaint with the BBB and AoA should they not give you yoour money back.

audlman
03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
yea its definatly a load of bull. hes like " all your seals and stuff will be replaced too." i was like, "but we JUST did that a week ago." haha.

Monchichi8
03-04-2005, 02:04 PM
yikes....I am so glad I have a warranty. best of luck!

Audimarc
03-04-2005, 02:28 PM
I would ask them to provide you with all of the parts that they took out and the call the BBB for a certified mechanic to insure that the work that they has been done has in fact, been done.

EC Motorwerks
03-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Might want to change your sig too...

I got 99 problems and my audi is one j/k

Hope everything works out.

audlman
03-04-2005, 02:51 PM
sig changed euro.

fanuvbrak
03-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Monchichi8
yikes....I am so glad I have a warranty. best of luck!

read my post in general car talk.

audi: we can't be responsible for every pre-owned car.

audlman
03-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by fanuvbrak
read my post in general car talk.

audi: we can't be responsible for every pre-owned car.
will now.

greengravy
03-04-2005, 08:24 PM
if you dont have warranty then whats the point of filing with BBB or AoA? or dont you need a warranty for them to replace stuff? if this is the case i need to get on the phone ASAP and start trying to collect the 3 G's ive spent the last 2 months on this damn thing

audlman
03-04-2005, 10:36 PM
they have stiffed me for $1200... they said i needed these gaskets and stuff, and my car went in twice for them. the 3rd time they said there has been this bullitein out for the car by audi, and they said that the leak was due to it. the only really seals that needed to be replaced were the transmission seals, they were leaking, but they said the oil leak was due to the bullitein stated by audi or something. im just saying that $1200 for the stuff was pretty much a way for them to make money, when they knew that the bullitein was out. the only thing we understand was the transmisson seals where bad, which i agree with, because it was transmission fluid for sure.

greengravy
03-04-2005, 11:58 PM
aight thanks for the clarification, but do you know the answe to my question by any chance?!?

audlman
03-05-2005, 12:00 AM
they said that the oil/filter problem where they do the flushing and replacing of stuff was under warranty??? since a bullitein was put out my audi? my dad actually talked to them when i was in school, and i got the story from him.