PDA

View Full Version : Fixing my front bumper!

justinp95
11-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Ok, so the passenger side of my front bumper is falling off near the wheel. Im just trying to figure out how you lock it back on.... It looks like number 7 is what i need to do but in the reverse. I havent ever taken the bumper off so i dont know how the sides clip in. All i know is that they are a pita to remove. I will post up a picture in a bit. Thanks

http://www.goapr.com/support/snub_mount.pdf

Euromike
11-12-2010, 09:41 AM
The bumper has a clip on the top and bottom that have to snap into the bracket on the car. Just lift the bumper up, pull it back, and look at the way it clips in until you understand it. Then snap the bottom in, push down on the bumper, then push in untill you hear the top snap in. should take 30 seconds.

euroazfck
11-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm fixing mine with zipties, btw any have a link 2 a diy on bumper removal for the b5??

Euromike
11-12-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm fixing mine with zipties, btw any have a link 2 a diy on bumper removal for the b5??

Take your fog grilles out, theres 2 long bolts that thread into the bumper shocks (on the top of where your fog grill sits)
slide the bumper forward, pop the clips out, remove.

euroazfck
11-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks!

justinp95
11-12-2010, 11:50 AM
The bumper has a clip on the top and bottom that have to snap into the bracket on the car. Just lift the bumper up, pull it back, and look at the way it clips in until you understand it. Then snap the bottom in, push down on the bumper, then push in untill you hear the top snap in. should take 30 seconds.

Ah, thanks. Just what i needed to know. I saw the top clip and i guess ill have to unscrew the line to mess with it.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/520/bumper1s.jpg

Euromike
11-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah that sucker just popped out of it's bracket. Should snap right back in unluess somthing broke.

Nice wheels, btw

justinp95
11-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Yeah that sucker just popped out of it's bracket. Should snap right back in unluess somthing broke.

Nice wheels, btw

Thanks, hopefully i will get them powder coated black some day...