PDA

View Full Version : Interior dash trim removal

revolution337
11-09-2010, 10:49 AM
WAIT!

Before you tell me search, I did and found several write ups on how to remove the trim, I just had a couple questions. I am going to pick up an S4 interior from a wrecked S4 and I and getting the door cards and all. It has the alumium trim, which is a different color than my trim, therefore if I just put the S4 door cards on my vehicle, the trim on the door cards wouldn't match the dash trim on my car. So after reading up on several of the DIYs, I learned that removing these two pieces (left of steering wheel, and long piece with 'quattro' badge on it) is not very easy. My question is, do you guys have any tips on how to remove just those two pieces as quickly/with as little tools as possible. The guy at the junkyard said he will show me the car and I can have at it, but I don't want to spend an entire day there taking these trim pieces off, nor do I want to lug a bunch of sockets/screwdrivers out there. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

matt@oCarbon
11-09-2010, 11:08 AM
My question is, do you guys have any tips on how to remove just those two pieces as quickly/with as little tools as possible. The guy at the junkyard said he will show me the car and I can have at it, but I don't want to spend an entire day there taking these trim pieces off, nor do I want to lug a bunch of sockets/screwdrivers out there. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

The quickest and easiest way possible is the shortcut method.

Beltline Trim Removal and Installation Shortcut Method (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/315064-Beltline-Trim-Removal-and-Installation-Shortcut-Method)

Just drop the lower dash (few bolts) and then use a needle nose to work off the majority of the clips. Just be SUPER careful on the last clip above the radio.

revolution337
11-09-2010, 01:16 PM
gotcha. I just tried taking my drivers side piece off and all I can says is its a PITA. I guess I need more patience. lol

AudiBoy808
11-09-2010, 01:23 PM
When I did mine I just used a very long flat head screw driver and went slowly and just pryed the pieces off. With some pressure those round clips just pop off. Then I just 2 way taped the trims back on. Didn't bother with the dips and you can't even tell. Hope this helps you out.