PDA

View Full Version : X post from AudiWorld, an A4 with lot$ of toy$

quickglx
03-03-2005, 09:29 AM
WOW! talk about dumping money into your car:
Look at this, pics on first post of thread. (http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/2276213.phtml)

Hope this isn't a repost....

RippleChip
03-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Yeah, done a *little* work to that car.

organasised
03-03-2005, 09:34 AM
http://img134.exs.cx:81/img134/4593/jawdrop5jf.gif Not bad!

heartlesskiller
03-03-2005, 09:48 AM
hmmm.. I think he could have gotten a car thats got two turbos, bright metallic blue paint and a badge that says "S4" on the trunk for that much... [:p]

mike-2ptzero
03-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Car is still being worked on. It has about the same amount of work as the TJM car which is what it is pretty much based off of.

quattro4me
03-03-2005, 10:03 AM
its good to have deep pockets, at least for those so equipt, but none the less awsome

Quattro
03-03-2005, 11:23 AM
i give the guy mad props!!!

heartlesskiller
03-03-2005, 11:35 AM
I do too, and I know money comes in at different times and all

but...

I'd rather have an M3 or S4 for what that stuff costed.. just my opinion.

yellowaudi24psi
03-03-2005, 11:41 AM
in a word......UNFAIR

littlewhite
03-03-2005, 12:23 PM
If i remember correctly, he has his own tuner shop right ?

EC Motorwerks
03-03-2005, 12:37 PM
The last time I talked to him (months and months ago), he had 20-25k dropped into the engine alone. Very nice guy to talk with.

Weejie
03-03-2005, 12:43 PM
maybe i'm crazy, but i don't get this. that's some serious cash and time.

i can understand lowering a car, upgrading a turbo, getting some new rims, tinting the lights, even upgrading brake rotors and pads - but if you're gonna spend that kind of money on an A4, why not just buy an S4 or M3? why not buy a 911? take that cash and get a better car. don't make a lesser car into a superhero.

now i've done a bunch of mods myself, but to a point. i know a lot of people will say it's the modding that's fun. he enjoys it. ok, to each his own. i totally understand. it's just taking 20grand and dumping it into a car that costs 20grand doesn't compute with me.

thanks for listening, doctor.

heartlesskiller
03-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I know.

Its pretty extreme. I don't know how to explain it but the only thing I can say is that its not smart.

you can have a Civic with a roll cage, racing slicks and 1,000hp or your can have a 911.
I knew this guy that spent $90,000 on a Supra that was being built by Adam Saruwatari. The guy was an engineer but wasn't smart enough to understand that he could have taken his money and bought a new 911. This is a car that would turn heads, not one that people would say "man that thing is like 10 years old..".

cool A4 though, very extreme.

Audimarc
03-03-2005, 01:29 PM
These negative comments are ridiculous. People often ask me why I spent so much money on my Cuda. Answer: I wanted to. I don't want a Viper, I wanted a custom Cuda. Why did this guy dump so much money into his A4? Because he wanted to and now has a car unlike anyone else's. Congrats to him for creating something unique and very cool.

EVIL-AUDI
03-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Everyone has different tastes. I personally would rather have something else, but he did put much time and effort into that car.

LA JOLLA 1.8T
03-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Weejie
maybe i'm crazy, but i don't get this. that's some serious cash and time.

i can understand lowering a car, upgrading a turbo, getting some new rims, tinting the lights, even upgrading brake rotors and pads - but if you're gonna spend that kind of money on an A4, why not just buy an S4 or M3? why not buy a 911? take that cash and get a better car. don't make a lesser car into a superhero.

now i've done a bunch of mods myself, but to a point. i know a lot of people will say it's the modding that's fun. he enjoys it. ok, to each his own. i totally understand. it's just taking 20grand and dumping it into a car that costs 20grand doesn't compute with me.

thanks for listening, doctor.
Totally agree. Yeah he has a fast 97 A4, which in no way looks or i bet sounds like a sleeper. Why not get an E46 M3 or an S4 put a lil money in it and have a car probably as fast, WAY better looking and WAY more reliable? Plus, zero resale value. I'd rather have a car thats really fast stock, than push a 1.8 to the brink of disaster. Who wouldnt rather have an M3, S4, or even a Porsche over a 97 1.8t? Some people really make me think sometimes. This is one of those cases.

Audimarc
03-03-2005, 01:51 PM
You are missing the point. What you want or belive is irrelevant. I think there are a few cases of envy here. I think it's great. I wouldn't have done it, but it doesn't mean that I don't applaud him for doing it. As for the M3, I had one for three weeks and it was a really big piece of $hit which I returned under the Lemon Law. As for the Porsche, I think that they are ugly and overpriced. The S4 is a different story.....

LA JOLLA 1.8T
03-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by 1999 Audi A4
You are missing the point. What you want or belive is irrelevant. I think there are a few cases of envy here. I think it's great. I wouldn't have done it, but it doesn't mean that I don't applaud him for doing it. As for the M3, I had one for three weeks and it was a really big piece of $hit which I returned under the Lemon Law. As for the Porsche, I think that they are ugly and overpriced. The S4 is a different story.....
I have about 4 friends with E46 M3's all love them and have had 0 problems sorry about yours. I have read about more problems w/ the 1.8t here on AZ then i ever read when i had my GT on the ford forum, audi vs. ford, c'mon. All i'm saying is most would rather buy a car that is fast stock than putting in mods that that cost 3 times what the car costs, ie. the 97 1.8t w/ 25k in engine mods alone. I dont think Porsches are overpriced, a brand new 911 carrera is 70k.

mike-2ptzero
03-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by LA JOLLA 1.8T
Totally agree. Yeah he has a fast 97 A4, which in no way looks or i bet sounds like a sleeper. Why not get an E46 M3 or an S4 put a lil money in it and have a car probably as fast, WAY better looking and WAY more reliable? Plus, zero resale value. I'd rather have a car thats really fast stock, than push a 1.8 to the brink of disaster. Who wouldnt rather have an M3, S4, or even a Porsche over a 97 1.8t? Some people really make me think sometimes. This is one of those cases.

He built this car for "track" only. Before this it was a street car that he would take to the track on the weekends or when he could. What he is doing is nothing new, even I have $12k in just my engine, then add all the other stuff and it does add up fast to make 434 whp. Mat from Induktion Motorsports put $50k into his car which also has a 2.0 with a big T3/T4 in it making in the 300+ whp range.

Audone
03-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Its not like Steve went out and just bought the car. Hes had had the car for a while, and said he would keep it forever. Doesnt seem like to bad of a deal for a car he will keep forever. That is big cash to spend, but what else would he buy for 25k that will keep up to this? Not many S4's out there, thats for sure...
I dont think he is looking for a daily driver.....

heartlesskiller
03-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Its not envy, believe me.

Its like what you'd say when you see a guy drive by in a primer gray '77 cutlass with bondo all over it and he's got $5,000 20" chrome wheels.

I guess we're just trying to explain "priorities" and what they mean to us being the car enthusiasts that we are.

AudiMV
03-03-2005, 04:47 PM
that is just insanly modded, its a disease

$teady$upreme
03-03-2005, 04:52 PM
wat an awesome track car. I remember steve had APR StgIII for a long time, i guess this is a whole new beast[up]

pierce
03-03-2005, 07:07 PM
I think I'd get sick if I did that much modding.

VRsic
03-03-2005, 07:13 PM
If that was an avant i'd be busting all over my screen, but it's not, so I'm just busting on my keyboard...

audispeed
03-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by LA JOLLA 1.8T

The whole point of it is not how fast it is in the end. Yeah he is trying to make it fast. But the fun of it for a lot of people is working hard to make the car fast, doing all the work, choosing the right parts, and getting it to work right together. People enjoy the proccess, and then the ultimate results, not simply dropping a wad of cash at the dealer and having a fast car that anybody with some cash can have.

freeskiwp
03-03-2005, 09:51 PM
personally i think its awesome. Good for him for making such an insane machine.

BLUEisFASTER
03-03-2005, 10:14 PM
i think we are all just AW bashing. this guy is the new god of that forum. it was probably fun doing all that....

Silvant
03-04-2005, 12:22 AM
you guys are hilarious.. haters and questioners..
that car will take out alot of cars on the track.. and is very original at the level it is set up..
you guys all talk about re-sale.. maybe its paid off and he plans on using that as a track car for a while..
mine is just about paid off.. i dont plan on selling it. the plan is hopefully to tuck it away for a bit, strip it out, cage it etc.. enjoy a car on the track that is very capable and you dont see almost ever.
more power to him.. he has built a very sick ride.

organasised
03-04-2005, 02:56 AM
Its a decision made with the heart and not the head. Will hve been much more fun and he will learnt so much about the car so good for him!

Yes you could get an s4 or m but where would the fun in that be

But saying that I wouldn`t do mods that crazy [:D]

mike-2ptzero
03-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Silvant
that car will take out alot of cars on the track.. and is very original at the level it is set up..
you guys all talk about re-sale.. maybe its paid off and he plans on using that as a track car for a while..
mine is just about paid off.. i dont plan on selling it. the plan is hopefully to tuck it away for a bit, strip it out, cage it etc.. enjoy a car on the track that is very capable and you dont see almost ever.

Very original? Not at all since there has been plenty that have walked this road before him. His car is also pretty much a copy version of the TJM shop car which is where he is getting most of his ideas and products from. Odd thing is that even the TJM shop A4 is also silver has the large cut out front bumper with no bumper support and also went to a dry sump oil setup because they blew up 2 motors on the track for 2 different magazine events.

Audimarc
03-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Silvant

You got it exactly right. [up]

boosteda4
03-04-2005, 03:23 PM
How can u say that?? thats crazy... "why not just buy an S4?" Cuz he likes A4... i have a friend that has an FD Rx7.. was twin turbo, converted to single turbo.. 2 turbos isnt always better than one.. If he wanted a Porsche, or an M3.. he woulda bought one... ;) just an opinion... Like everyone elses.. Hmmm, lets not have hondas, civics, or chevy's Drag race.. because its a waste of money.. they coulda just bought a ferrari... ;) hahah.. jk.. hope noone is offended.. :)

Quattrocket
03-04-2005, 03:49 PM
IMO, that car is SICK!!! absolutely amazing. obviously this guy loves what he does and I am very jealous. I love modding and working on cars myself and can completely understand where this guy is coming from. If he wanted stock power, he would have bought something with a big motor. there is something to be said about a 1.8 litre that will blow away a 7 litre viper. everybody wastes money every day, houses that are too big, cars that are over-priced uppity hookers, etc. at least this guy has something that is original and above all, that he built with his own hands, to show for it, and there is a certain amount of pride associated with that.
If I werent so damn poor and had the time for it, Id be all over that project.

Audimarc
03-04-2005, 05:56 PM
boosteda4 - Right On
Quattrocket - Right On

This is a modding forum, non? This guy had the time, knowledge and money to make his car sick. Congrats to him. It's like when I look at DoCurley's car, with it's good looks and PES Supercharger. Makes me a little envious, but hats off to doing what I should have done in the first place rather than to spend money on a Bimmer which obviously was a mistake.

kayvan_pour
03-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Quattrocket
IMO, that car is SICK!!! absolutely amazing. obviously this guy loves what he does and I am very jealous. I love modding and working on cars myself and can completely understand where this guy is coming from. If he wanted stock power, he would have bought something with a big motor. there is something to be said about a 1.8 litre that will blow away a 7 litre viper. everybody wastes money every day, houses that are too big, cars that are over-priced uppity hookers, etc. at least this guy has something that is original and above all, that he built with his own hands, to show for it, and there is a certain amount of pride associated with that.
If I werent so damn poor and had the time for it, Id be all over that project.

I agree 100 percent. I have talked to the guy over emails a few times about buying parts from him and he is totally cool and easy to talk to. All these people talking down on his choices are haters and wish they could have a car like that, hell I wish I had a car like that. I aplaud him![hail]

Bigblk4
03-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Ok as an engineer I will say this. Sometimes you do it just to say you did it. No it doesnt make sense and it isnt really practical, but being able to say you did it gives you a satisfaction. I know of guys that have built up Neons to the range of 600hp. Is it smart? NO. Is it engineering genius? YES!

Weejie
03-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by kayvan_pour
I agree 100 percent. I have talked to the guy over emails a few times about buying parts from him and he is totally cool and easy to talk to. All these people talking down on his choices are haters and wish they could have a car like that, hell I wish I had a car like that. I aplaud him![hail]

he's probably a real nice guy. and you don't have to call me a hater, thanks. oh and trust me - i do not wish i had a car like that.

do i applaud him for doing it, sure. does it make sense to me? no it doesn't.[rolleyes]

AB18
03-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Dude seriosly? How doesnt that make sense to you? thats his hobby and he likes it so thats why he does it. No need for anyone tell him he shoulda bought a S4, if he spent all that money on mods, i think he coulda bought a s4 if he wanted one.

eurowerks
03-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Some of you guys can't be serious. This is like one of the best mods I've seen done on an Audi.
You best believe that if I go to a car show with e46 m3s, S4s, vipers, etc., and this car is in it. I'll be spending most of my time next to this A4 drooling and admiring it.