PDA

View Full Version : Vogtland or vmaxx coilovers

B5_t
11-04-2010, 11:02 AM
just as title states whats everyones experience with them , or what do you thinks better as both can be had for around 700 ?
thanks

vortexjunkie
11-04-2010, 11:08 AM
i have a b6 and love my vmaxx... but i didnt spend that much on mine... 5xx something... they ride great.. and easy to adjust and all that

revolution337
11-04-2010, 11:18 AM
I've heard bad things about vmaxx. Like a super bouncy ride for one

bw86
11-04-2010, 11:28 AM
rode in both and vogtlands are years ahead of vmaxxs

I don't know about the vmaxxs but the vogtlands are super easy to adjust on the car.

habiscusa4
11-04-2010, 11:43 AM
rode in both and vogtlands are years ahead of vmaxxs

I don't know about the vmaxxs but the vogtlands are super easy to adjust on the car.

got a pair on my a4 and LOVE THEM super awesome ride quality and they love turns

BlackLock_A4
11-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Why are you not considering H&R? Just wondering. And how would H&R compare to vogtlands?

Kronic Budz
11-04-2010, 12:17 PM
dude, how is this even a comparison? Iv heard many terrible things about vmaxx no offense to whoever owns them. you cant even adjust dampening on them can you? vogtland is a quality german company, i own a set of there springs, although not very aggressive drive really nice. Can you really get vogtland coils for $700?! im crying on the inside if you can...

biketsai
11-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Dont cheap out on coilovers like Vmaxx. At the minimum Id get Vogtland. Check out Koni's/ H&R too, they make great products.

nunya
11-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Vogtlands hands down. They are a great bang for the buck and offer good spring rates. ~600/700.

--dillon

Euro
11-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Vogtland

fa sho.

xdewaynex
11-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I picked up a set of used Vmaxx's and like them. Not that terrible as most people say, mainly because I got them with stiffer coils for the rears.

Mike@PureMS
11-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Vogtlands for sure..
We've got 'em in stock too. ;)

cdowns13
11-04-2010, 08:45 PM
wow always the same.. people hitting on coils they have never sat on...

vmaxx are good if you are:
1. on a budget
2. dont race like prob half of the people that said something bad about them
3. looking for a good stance for a dd
4. a great ride for everyday driving..

i was on a budget when i got mine and dont regret it..

now if you have a bit more money that youre looking to spend, looking to go to the track at least once a month, or are a VERY aggressive driver, then get something nicer b/c you get what you pay for but for the price and depending on what youre looking to achieve. vmaxx are not a bad choice though in my opinion... and yes iv riden in other lowered cars...

nunya
11-04-2010, 09:16 PM
wow always the same.. people hitting on coils they have never sat on...

vmaxx are good if you are:
1. on a budget
2. dont race like prob half of the people that said something bad about them
3. looking for a good stance for a dd
4. a great ride for everyday driving..

i was on a budget when i got mine and dont regret it..

now if you have a bit more money that youre looking to spend, looking to go to the track at least once a month, or are a VERY aggressive driver, then get something nicer b/c you get what you pay for but for the price and depending on what youre looking to achieve. vmaxx are not a bad choice though in my opinion... and yes iv riden in other lowered cars...

i guess people with this car have a lower and lower budget for the most part. If you want good stuff, use a proven product. If you want some sort of unproven product that fills the immediate need, use whatev. Its like f-in a fat chick.

"lowered" doesnt define the purpose. I have driven cars with a lower drive height for a long time.

--dillon

BlkBullitt
11-05-2010, 06:21 AM
I'll throw another vote out there for Vogtland. Excellent product at an equally excellent price.

EErie B6
11-05-2010, 06:44 AM
If you want some sort of unproven product that fills the immediate need, use whatev. Its like f-in a fat chick.

lol

cdowns13
11-05-2010, 07:28 AM
"lowered" doesnt define the purpose. I have driven cars with a lower drive height for a long time.

--dillon

maybe you misunderstood my intent of my post, sorry if it was not clear...

to some lowering the car is for an Aesthetic purpose and not a Practical one..

if youre looking to rip it at autox, it's simple DO NOT get vmaxx... but if youre looking to bridge the wheel gap and looking to not be annoyed at every bump you hit, they are great for the price and an Aesthetic look

hope that explained my post.. simply saying it depends on the application and it's nice to save money.

SeekB00st
11-05-2010, 03:58 PM
I don't like my vmaxxs'.
I have a snub mount, sway bars, metal tie rods strut tower mount.
Had bilstein cup kit.

Was much nicer.... and remember my suspension is almost completely built.

BlackLock_A4
11-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Dont cheap out on coilovers like Vmaxx. At the minimum Id get Vogtland. Check out Koni's/ H&R too, they make great products.

So how does H&R compare to Vogtlands? I am looking into this myself as well (not trying to thread jack!)

EB

gmx
11-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Vogtlands (at the least the SR GT kit) were KW shocks rebound/bump matched to the spring rates [chosen by SR in their R&D] for this chassis afaik.

A lot of other kits out there use springs barely stiffer than stock and people will hate me for this comment. But they are also primarily an aesthetic product as well.

I prefer KW V3s over my Vogtlands actually. I drove another B5 1.8T with them and it was extremely easy to throw around with minimal roll and pitch but without the rear jumping/oscillating around and feeling so nervous like my Vogtlands. The confidence it gave off the bat was amazing.