PDA

View Full Version : Daily driver mods/seafoaming?

KB5A4
11-03-2010, 08:06 AM
First post on here.

I have a daily driver of a 2001 A4 1.8T Quattro (5 speed) and was wondering what are some light modifications other than the traditional cold air intake, exhaust, and chipping I could do with out breaking the bank or putting the car out of use for a few days due to installation or anything? I don't want to try and make the car a road beast or anything but just light modifications that will make the car a little more fun to drive and free up some of the power I know the 1.8T has restricted at the moment.

Also I need to seafoam out my engine but have never done a seafoam process before and I know turbo engines are notorious for carbon build up, just would like to have piece of mind getting the engine cleaned out also. Are there any things I should look out for while doing it or post seafoam? I know one of my buddies was telling me that if there's a lot of carbon build up that sometimes while its exiting the vehicle during the process it can fry out spark plugs and also cause engine sensors/check engine lights to go off?

99blueb5
11-03-2010, 09:24 AM
search button is your friend, this get covered every day

somebody5788
11-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Anything more then the typical is going to put the car down at least 1 day. An elim kit would be your best bang for your buck but it would have to be quoted at around 8-9 hours of labor for installation (at any normal euro shop, the company that sells the kit would probably install for less but if I quoted install it would be about $557.66) for a bolt in elim kit installation. However if you have to have the computer sent out for the flash/chip that's 3-5 days down time.