PDA

View Full Version : A/C will not stay on

Polski
11-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Hey guys,
97 pre-facelift
This started happening two days ago: I press the A/C snowflake, it shows up for a split second then goes away. A/c does not engage at all.
Is this outside temp related??
I always keep my climate on manual, never on auto.

I've tried everything so that it stays on.
-Holding the snowflake down
-Changing the temp between low and high

I know im not low on pressure because yesterday i pressed the A/C button after I tanked up and it worked(stayed on) But later that day, again didn't work anymore.

I searched, could not find a thread directly referring to this issue.

Anyone have this problem as well?

blacka4
11-01-2010, 11:59 AM
its temperature related. The AC will not run below like 50 degrees to keep the system from freezing up...however in your case I believe that it might have a lot to do with not having enough freon in the system

marknad113
11-01-2010, 12:49 PM
i believe its anywhere under 35 degrees F the a/c will not turn on

Dynamite
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
^^ yea its around 1C in my experience anyway, which is very close to 35F. How cold are you guys getting up there already?

blacka4
11-01-2010, 02:43 PM
oh oops my bad. yeah its around 35 degrees. I was getting my vehicles confused.

Polski
11-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Thought so thanks guys....here we actually had snow already.
We have an average of about 35F lately. ~2-3C

So how does one get rid of the inside fog when it's bellow 35F outside?
I was blasting cold and warm air..but only helped a bit, I had to pull over because it was ridiculous.

blacka4
11-01-2010, 05:15 PM
turn the system on Auto, set it on defroster and turn the heat up. thats what I did and it worked great...now if your car isn't warming up to the correct temperature you will have a problem

Don't switch between the 2 leave it on heat and forget it. don't turn the temp below 70 or 68 F