PDA

View Full Version : Stasis coilover - Avant S4 to A4 sedan

JAW714
10-28-2010, 07:40 PM
After extensive research I've had no luck finding an answer to a fitment question. Will Avant S4 coilovers fit on a A4 sedan?

I'm looking at purchasing some Stasis SS coilovers, but I'm not sure if the Avant S4 coilovers will fit might ride. I'm looking to change up the stock sport look to a more aggressive look. I recently bought some B6 S4 wheels(which I'm currently researching possible tires) and want to change the look of my car completely. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

JAW714
10-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Quattro would be the drivetrain.

biketsai
10-28-2010, 07:59 PM
No, get the right ones for your Sedan.

JAW714
10-28-2010, 08:49 PM
An Avant S4 is different than a A4 sedan - that is an easy concept to grasp. My question is how are they different? I'm sure the spring rates are different, but how much different. Also, are the mounting holes different in which installation would become troublesome? I'm a tech guy at heart and would love to know how the two systems are different.

Biketsai - I've read your thread about Koni/Stasis and I'm curious to know if your decision was a good one? Like you, I like the idea of having the coilovers preset. Less of a pain to adjust them while installing.

Kyle H
10-28-2010, 09:53 PM
No, get the right ones for your Sedan.

Why?

onemoremile
10-28-2010, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't worry about it for a second. The fitment is exactly the same. If the Avant spring rate is different than it will be a slightly stiffer rear which helps with handling in a sedan too. The weight difference between a sedan and Avant is less than 10% so the spring rates and damper valving shouldn't be more different than that.

I've run suspension from sedans and Avants on my Avant and could never tell the difference. For the last couple years I've been running the springs and dampers that Shine Racing used to R&D the Real Street setup for our cars. It came off of a sedan.

blacka4
10-29-2010, 02:13 AM
Okay, story time and it will answer your questions...I had a friend that had a S4 Avant, I had a A4 sedan, we both odered the Stasis street sports. After talking with the jeremy at matrix we ordered them. I managed to get my set first but wasn't ready to install so I gave him mine and I waited for him to receive the set that he ordered for his S4 Avant. No issues with him installing the set that I had ordered for my A4 Sedan and I didn't have any problems with the set that i installed that he had ordered for his S4 Avant...

So go for it...they will work. as for the B6 S4 wheels...fitting on the car might be a different story.

McGovs2.7TB5
10-29-2010, 08:11 AM
So go for it...they will work. as for the B6 S4 wheels...fitting on the car might be a different story.

I've seen plenty of B5s with B6 S4 wheels...

turbo_bootin
10-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Stasis doesn't even have different part numbers for the A4/S4, or the sedan/wagon. One size fits all.

D's Avant
10-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Stasis doesn't even have different part numbers for the A4/S4, or the sedan/wagon. One size fits all.

X2 on this... I run with the StaSIS SS's for my Avant DD. I did set my rear shock rebound one notch firmer for my Avant to reduce some of the bounce due to the extra rear weight. You should be fine as long as you don't plan to track yours.

protocol_droid
10-29-2010, 12:01 PM

^^what he said

JAW714
10-29-2010, 04:59 PM
No track use! Pure DD