PDA

View Full Version : Symphony or Icelink problem?

sixfiveoh
10-25-2010, 01:33 PM
A few weeks ago, when I pressed the CDC button on Symphony radio to go over to the Icelink, the button simply would not respond. The next day I got in my car and somehow I had my Icelink back, everything was working fine. But the day after that, it stopped going over to CD changer again as if it's not recognizing the Icelink plugged into the back. I pulled the radio and all the connections look fine, I was assuming there was something wrong with the Icelink, but could it be the Symphony? Is there any way I can check? I sent an email to Dension but I don't think they make the icelink anymore so I'm not sure how that'll go...

Poopie
10-25-2010, 01:40 PM
probably the button on your symphony? its probably a good excuse o grab a cheap symphony off ecs. hopefully they still have them for cheap.

sixfiveoh
11-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Can anyone help me out by telling me if the CDC button will light up when pressed even if you don't have a CDC plugged in? I can't figure out if it's not picking up the signal from the icelink and that's what triggers the CDC mode or if it's just the button thats busted.

Also, on ECS it says that the Symphony I they sell "will control a Audi CD changer, but not a iPod controller." [confused]

sixfiveoh
11-01-2010, 12:49 PM
So using the onboard diagnostic on the Symphony I found that it is not reading a CD Changer anymore for some reason. Has anyone ever had this problem with their Symphony or is the icelink the culprit? I'm going crazy without my tunnnnes......